My client, one of Cardiff's most ambitious and fun to work at agencies is looking for an experienced Planner to join their team.
As a Planner you will be defining marketing and advertising strategies to help agency clients add value to their businesses. You'll love getting under the skin of client's problems, understanding their audiences and what makes them tick. You'll be establishing client's goals and objectives, their target audiences and be a key player in outlining the creative direction and messaging of campaigns. While you will be exceptional at the analytical stuff, you'll also be passionate about bringing creativity with you every day and have an inspiring personality to help their creative and wider teams achieve excellence.What you'll be doing:
- Working with clients to fully understand their business objectives and the right campaign strategy for their target audience
- Analysing and extracting findings from consumer, brand and market research to support the preparation of brand strategies and creative briefs
- Gaining a comprehensive context for advertising strategies by analysing a range of information in great detail, including demographics, socioeconomics and the market for the client's product and market share
- Writing comprehensive briefs for creative service teams to understand and interpret, ensuring the clients vision and objectives are aligned
- Championing the creative departments in process, briefs and enthusing the creative teams
- Preparing feedback in response to market research findings
- Working with the Head of Planning to manage any research conducted on behalf of the agency
- Pitching and presenting to clients, comprehensive advertising strategies that forward think to their long-term objectives, ensuring their target audience is at the forefront of the strategy
- Analysing and interpreting consumer response and sales data to evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign
- Gathering data and preparing feedback reports on the effectiveness of campaigns
- Keeping your head in the game with the latest market research trends and strategies
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting client accounts and any developments in the wider industry
What you can expect in return:
- Previous experience as a Planner or Senior Account Manager within an advertising/marketing agency
- Expert excel skills and exceptionally numerate to understand, analyse and interpret complex and varied sources of data and statistics
- A strategic head to understand the bigger picture of clients advertising needs
- A natural creative thinker and problem solver, with first-hand understanding of the value that creativity can bring to a client's business
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to adapt to a wide client range
- Excellent attention to detail, not just for interpreting data but understanding what makes a top-quality creative brief
- Strong communications skills with the ability to simplify research to explain the relevant conclusions and comfortable pitching and presenting to clients add value to their businesses.
- Salary: £25,000 - £35,500 dependent on experience.
- You'll have complete flexible working, and that's where, when, how.
- You'll get up to 30 days holiday per year (including bank hols)
- You'll work with a fun and supportive team that adopt the 'work hard, play hard' mentality
- Health Insurance