Operations Technician 2 (F)
Cyxtera is a global data center leader in retail colocation and interconnection services. The company operates a footprint of 61 data centers in 29 markets around the world, providing services to more than 2,300 leading enterprises, service providers, and U.S. federal government agencies. Cyxtera brings proven operational excellence, global scale, flexibility, and customer-focused innovation together to provide a comprehensive portfolio of data center and interconnection solutions.
The Cyxtera Operations Technician 2 (F) position is responsible for supporting monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of both the electrical and mechanical infrastructure within the data center in a 24/7 mission critical environment. On-call rotation to provide emergency response required. Shift, evening, and weekend work expected.
· Support the maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical infrastructure per manufacturers' recommendation and corporate specifications.
· Identify and troubleshoot the root cause of problems.
· Perform and execute necessary building rounds throughout the data center and property as directed to ensure the integrity of the site.
· Assist and perform the verification of customer installation activities.
· Work with or provide oversight of contractors and service providers in the data center as appropriate.
· Ensure facilities systems data integrity.
· Monitor building management systems and other automated tools and applications to ensure operational efficiencies and compliance with service level agreements (SLAs).
· Provide on-call support and emergency response as required.
· Perform assigned tasks as part of a project team.
· Respond to both internal and external work requests within a timely manner delivering a high level of support.
· Understanding, comprehension, and implementation of method of procedures (MOPs).
· Ability to lift hardware or equipment up to and more than 50 pounds. Standing, bending, and kneeling as needed to perform task.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Technical certification(s) in critical facilities or data center field preferred.
· 2-years of mission critical facilities operations experience preferred.
· As a member of an on-call rotation, provide emergency response as needed. Shift, evening, weekend, and occasional overtime work required.
· Operational experience with data center critical infrastructure equipment (i.e., switchgear, generators, UPS, PDU, Chillers, RTU, CRAH/CRAC, Chilled Water systems, and VESDA).
· Work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work with multiple vendors.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Maintain facilities related documentation.
· Proficient with office productivity, ticketing system, computer aided design, and other applications.
· Ability to pass security clearance and/or background check via government or similar agency may be required.
Cyxtera is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.