Wolf & Badger is on a mission to make retail fair. Working to support our community of 1000+ independent designers from around the globe, we connect customers with ethically sourced fashion, design, home and beauty through our online marketplace and flagship stores in London and New York City. We are a well funded scale-up business and are growing rapidly, now entering an exciting new phase of growth and looking to expand our team of c.100 people currently located between London, Málaga, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. We are a Certified B Corporation, with social and environmental purpose at the core of everything we do, read more about us here.
We are looking for a talented and creative Site Reliability Engineer to join our engineering team and help support the next stages of our growth. You will work closely with our Engineering Leads and Head of Product to identify areas where productivity and quality could be improved through increased automation and tooling, and develop an infrastructure roadmap to support the business as it continues to scale rapidly over the coming months.
We have flexible remote work policies, but you will ordinarily be based in our head-office located in Coal Drops Yard, Kings Cross.What You'll Do
As Site Reliability Engineer your responsibilities will include infrastructure design and modernisation, reliability and emergency planning, and automation of DevOps processes. You will help support the growth of the business by pre-empting bottlenecks and vulnerabilities in our systems, and develop tools to help accelerate the rate of new feature development through increased automation and adoption of modern tooling and processes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in systems automation, implementing highly available systems, and be comfortable discussing technical priorities with both engineering and business stakeholders.
- Design short and long term roadmaps for modernising our infrastructure by discussing requirements and goals with various stakeholders across the business.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Design and implement innovative solutions to scalability challenges as we grow.
- Lead the transition of our legacy backend systems to a modern containerised stack.
- Advocate for increased automation throughout the business, and build consensus and support around that idea.
- Implement monitoring and emergency response processes.
You will have experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps engineer managing complex systems, preferably with experience of managing applications written in Python and NodeJS.
You will have
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience transitioning to containerised environments
- Have experience with containerised development and deployment strategies, preferably using Kubernetes for orchestration.
- Experience with CI tools for automated testing and deployment (we use Gitlab)
- Experience implementing immutable infrastructure using modern infrastructure as code frameworks (e.g. Serverless, Terraform, etc).
- Competitive salary, indicative range of £60k - £80k depending on experience
- Employee stock option plan, to participate in and benefit from our rapid growth
- Creative and collaborative work environment in Coal Drops Yard, Kings Cross
- Fresh fruit, ClassPass membership, cycle to work scheme and other perks
- Paid 'pet-ernity' and heartbreak leave
- Flexible working policies, with optional remote working
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
Wolf & Badger is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.