Arabesque specializes in making sustainability, corporate responsibility, and ESG mainstream. Arabesque was founded in 2013 as a management buy-out from Barclays Bank Plc, and its story is one of partnership between leaders in finance, mathematics, and sustainability, working together to develop the next generation of sustainability asset management and data.
Arabesque's businesses are
- Asset Management a sustainable and quantitative investment management business using self-learning quantitative models, AI, and big data.
- S-Ray® a dedicated data business, focused on providing the market with corporate sustainability data.
- Artificial Intelligence a dedicated AI research business developing AI and big data capabilities for financial services.
- Development constantly researching new frontiers and business opportunities in sustainability, finance, AI, and machine-learning.
The Arabesque Group is headquartered in London with offices in Frankfurt, Singapore, Boston and Tokyo.RequirementsYour Role & Responsibilities
The Arabesque S-Ray® Client Relations team services both financial institutions and corporations with sustainability data. The team is servicing both existing clients and generate new sales and leads in our mission to grow our European business. We are looking for a talented business development professional to join the team and help drive our growth across Europe. We hire individuals who are passionate about growing a business, who want to contribute and make their mark, who see themselves as business-owners rather than employees and who bring an entrepreneurial energy and spirit to the firm. We are looking for an exceptional professional that is aligned with Arabesque's mission to contribute to the mainstreaming of sustainability. Our mantra is being humble and smart with a focus on delivering quality results.
At Arabesque we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. We strongly believe that a team made up of diverse ethnic, religious, social, educational, gender and sexual orientation backgrounds best contributes to the mission and growth strategy of the business going forward. We therefore encourage applicants from every background to apply and join our exceptional team.You Are Expected To
- Act as a sales strategist, cross-functional collaborator and subject matter authority on Responsible Investment and integration of ESG data and factors in investment decision-making across Europe
- Further develop and execute on the European business development strategy, grow and build out our presence across European markets
- Act as a trusted advisor to institutional and retail investors, asset owners and asset managers
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving company's sales goals
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
We Are Keen To Hire Professionals Who
- Represent Arabesque and speak at conferences, share and drive thought-leadership in the industry
- Stay on top of market developments, identify and share product innovation opportunities
- Engage with existing clients to test ideas and new product builds
- Liaise with product development office on client feedback and demand
- Liaise with Global Head of Sustainable Investing & ESG Research and their team on client feedback and demand, and
- Travel across European countries on a regular basis
You Would Fit In Well If You
- Have successful experience selling fintech solutions to asset owners, asset managers, corporations and relevant stakeholders within the sustainable finance and corporate sustainability industry
- Have 7+ years relevant sales experience in sustainable finance
- Have a proven track record of taking deals from lead to closing
- Are skilled at planning (strategic sales plan) and managing company's revenue forecast
- Are skilled at building rapport and understanding business requirements of senior decision makers
- Have excellent written and spoken English. Another European language is a bonus but not essential
- Have worked in European capital markets and have experience from working on sustainability issues with major companies
- Have experience selling Sustainability data to suit client needs - both to corporations and financial institutions
BenefitsWhat To Expect
- Are motivated and passionate about solving market problems and building innovative solutions
- Are self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic and entrepreneurial attitude
- Enjoy interacting with clients and use storytelling to demonstrate sometimes complex problems and products in an engaging way
- Are performance oriented
- Prioritize and allocate your time efficiently
- Take feedback constructively
- Treat setbacks as learning opportunities
Expect to work with some of the largest financial institutions and companies in Europe and globally to support and advise them in mainstreaming ESG data into their decision-making processes.
Expect to be a vital part of our growing client services team and deliver on the exciting opportunities and responsibilities that our fast-growing organization and the market opportunity present
Expect to advance your understanding and thought-leadership of cutting-edge subjects and sustainability, travel frequently, meet thoughtful people, and produce work and results that will make you proud.
Expect a work environment that isn't based on bureaucracy and formalities, but on integrity, ambition and the expectation that everyone is delivering to the best of their abilities.
Expect to be challenged and get ready to find your own niche in the business.Equal Opportunities
Arabesque is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, military status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information or any other legally protected status.