We're looking for ambitious registered dietitians (HCPC) to join our team of Health Coaches at one of the most exciting health-tech startups in the UK. The ideal candidate should have a passion for improving health and wellbeing, strong critical thinking skills, be competent at using technology and happy to work at a laptop all day.The company
Obesity has become a global epidemic; in the UK, we spend £9 billion a year alone on diseases like type 2 diabetes (that's 10% of the NHS budget). What's shocking is most of this is preventable - through sustained lifestyle and habit change.
Enter Second Nature.
We're here to help people take control of their health. By bringing together behavioural science, technology, and incredible people, our grand mission is to eradicate the global epidemic of chronic lifestyle diseases once and for all.
Our digital habit change programme - delivered digitally through a mobile app - helps people to improve their lifestyle, lose weight, and ultimately reduce their risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
We're also one of the few consumer health brands that are also actively commissioned by the NHS (for us, it's to help people living with type 2 diabetes).Our Stage
We closed our Series A fundraising in Dec 2019 and are working towards our next milestone to raise Series B.
We have a team of 120 people, which will continue to expand over the coming years. You can find out more about working with us here: https://www.secondnature.io/about-us. The Role
One of the critical components of the Second Nature programme is the health coach that supports and guides our users through the lifestyle changes they need to make. All of our health coaching is delivered digitally, so there is no face-to-face interaction. This allows regular contact with users so you can help support them every step along the way, as well as an opportunity to manage and support a larger user base (one coach can coach up to 370 users at once!). Areas that the health coach provides support and guidance on are:
We've recently been successful in winning a contract with the new NHS England Weight Management Service. Our Health Coaches are here to deliver the Second Nature programme and provide people living with obesity (with a co-existing diagnosis of diabetes and/or hypertension) access to digital or remote weight management advice.
Now that we are growing in size, we are looking to hire new dietitians to help deliver the Second Nature programme to NHS members. The role will be primarily focused on coaching users digitally (3-month core programme and beyond), via group chat and private, one-to-one chat. Based on the growth of the company, there may also be scope to coach other NHS, or consumer groups.This will be a remote coaching position so you can coach users from the comfort of your own home.
It's important that you enjoy your own company and feel comfortable communicating with people mostly online.Requirements
A health and wellbeing geek that is excited by working with startups and the potential for technology to change the world. Highly organised with a strong operational mindset, and not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done.
- Registered dietitian (HCPC)
- Strong critical thinking skills and an acute awareness of the ever-evolving field of nutritional science
- Suitable level of tech competence and comfortable working on a laptop all day (different to a traditional clinical role)
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Happy to work remotely as a part of our dynamic team of 45+ health coaches (based all over the UK)
- A positive attitude and keen to get stuck in and contribute to activities and projects to support brand awareness and growth of the business
Nice to have:
- Professional experience working for the NHS
- Professional experience in using behaviour change techniques (NLP and CBT models) to support improvement in health and wellbeing
- Previous experience working with people living with type 2 diabetes
- An exciting job at a fast growing health-tech startup. You'll be able to see first hand the impact that we have on improving thousands of people's lives and tackling the type 2 diabetes and obesity epidemic on a daily basis
- You'll get to work with amazing, friendly and smart colleagues all incredibly passionate about solving the type 2 diabetes epidemic
- Flexible working hours and autonomy over your workload to support your wellbeing
- Quarterly health coach conference (either in London, or digitally)
- Supported CPD allowance, and annual registration fees (HCPC) covered by Second Nature
- Exposure to different elements of the development of an early-stage healthcare startup
Please send your CV and cover letter via this application page: https://apply.workable.com/j/3FFBC50FD7
If we don't have a chance to get back to you, we're not intentionally being rude, but please assume it's a no for now!