A leading Investment Bank based in London are now looking to hire a "Market Risk Analyst - Associate level". The role offers up to £63k base salary + bonus + package.Required Skills and experience:
Education: Degree in a discipline related and/or relevant to Risk Management within an Investment Bank, e.g. Science (incl. Computer Science), Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration.
*We will consider other candidates with the required skill set*.
- Experience in Capital Markets
- Nice to have is Experience in Risk Management or in a risk-related function within an Investment Bank.
· Analyse a problem and propose solutions.
· Explain a complex topic in very simple terms; communicate clearly and concisely in English.
· Work independently and provide regular progress update; seek help/support when necessary.
· Build strong relationships whilst maintaining independence; handle disputes, negotiate with traders.
· Be comfortable with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel VBA and pivot tables.
- Automate functions for reporting or analysis purposes, and maintain existing tactical applications.
- Strong interest in Finance and Risk Management. Regularly reading the Financial Times, Bloomberg and/or Reuters would be a good indicator of that.
This is a unique opportunity to join the trading floor of a major European bank in London. The role is within the Market Risk team starting in the Debt Capital Markets and moving to the Foreign Exchange. The teams are relatively small hence the role can be quite broad. There is a good scope to contribute to the existing work of the team and make your own mark if successful.Key Responsibilities
· Monitor the business activity; analyse and report market risk exposure
o Market activity
o Daily, weekly and quarterly P&L
o Changes in positions and risk exposure; key exposure
o Periodic VaR and stress scenario analyses
· Raising relevant issues to management
o Raise limit breaches to management in the Market Risk, Market Monitoring Activity and Front Office departments locally and in head office.
o Draw the attention of management to specific positions or risk exposure that may be of particular interest in the current market conditions.
· Preparing one-off, new limit and new product requests
o Support management in their decision making process
o Contribute to the analysis of one-off, new limit, and new product requests, and formulate recommendations
· Enhancing our risk management methodologies
o Take ownership and lead the delivery of key initiatives/projects within the agreed deadlines
o Contribute to the design and maintenance of our risk measures and stress scenarios (including VaR proxies)
o Contribute to the development and maintenance of our valuation and risk policies (including hold-back reserves)
o Ensure that our risk management methodologies are consistent with the rest of the bank
· Team working and developing partnerships
o Communicate effectively with the rest of the team, provide regular progress update
o Develop and leverage partnerships within and outside the Market Risk department to work more effectively
o Provide methodological assistance to Market Activity Monitoring, in particular on complex products and risk measures
If you have an interest in this role please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org