We are interactive investor (ii), the UK's number one flat-fee investment platform, here to help our customers take control of their financial future.
For a simple, flat monthly fee we provide a secure home for customer pensions, ISAs and investments. Other providers charge a percentage fee, which means the amount a customer pays increases as their investments grow. Our flat fee stays the same, so ii customers keep more of their money. Additionally, we provide an industry-leading selection of investments and a team generating up-to-date expert insight. This choice and intelligence can help our customers invest in the way that's right for them.
interactive investor has been helping investors for 25 years. Over the years, we have seen market highs and lows, and been resilient throughout. We are proud to have over £45 billion of assets under administration, over 350,000 customers, and to be rated 'Excellent' on Trustpilot.
WHAT WE STAND FOR:
It's simple ... we want our customers to feel confident and in control, for interactive investor to go from strength to strength, and for ii to be a workplace where we can all thrive. Our customer-driven approach and bold values sit at the heart of this. We are honest, straight-talking and transparent with our customers and our colleagues. We are decisive and take ownership of what we say and deliver. We are ambitious and passionate about what we believe is right for our customers, our teams, ourselves and interactive investor.
• Accountable for leading ii's operational resiliency strategy, establishing clear and robust resiliency standards, practices and protocols to adhere to both internal and regulatory expectations.
• Responsible for leading the design and cross business co-ordination required for ii to comply with its regulatory responsibilities as per the FCA's Operational Resilience regime, developing and maintaining the necessary governance to oversee the resiliency and soundness of ii's Important Business Services; including monitoring of service levels to agreed impact tolerances, maintaining robust dependency maps across process, system, people, data and third party factors, and ensuring routine stress testing is undertaken and improvement opportunities are identified as appropriate
• Accountable for the production of ii's annual operational resilience self-assessment, working with SMEs and management across the business as required.
• Responsible for providing quality review and oversight of the resiliency arrangements of ii's third party suppliers, including review of third party's business continuity and disaster recovery arrangements at point of supplier onboarding and on a regular basis thereafter in line with supplier management framework requirements
• Responsible for supporting the ii Executive Committee in the co-ordination of ii's response to material Incidents and / or Crises, maintaining clear and actionable IMT and CMT planning protocols, working alongside existing incident and event management processes as necessary.
• Leading on the design and delivery of ii's Business Continuity Management (BCM) arrangements, establishing clear processes and procedures, developing BCM strategies and solutions and working with SMEs and management across all business areas to complete high quality, meaningful Business Impact Assessments and Business Continuity Plans.
• Provide timely and accurate management information on ii's resiliency profile to key stakeholders, including regular reporting to Executive Risk Committee
• Accountable for developing relevant 'first line of defence' risk and control registers (RCSAs), maintaining a robust set of controls and implementing changes to reduce risks in the area
• Keeps up to date with industry changes relating to Operational Resilience, Business Continuity Management, and maintains a good understanding of wider resiliency disciplines including Disaster Recovery and Crises Management.
• Lead the design and delivery of the operational resilience communications plan - describing how ii will communicate with regulators, consumers, media etc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of the FCA's Operational Resilience regime
• Experience with Business Continuity Management principles and processes
• Proven experience of working within a Financial Services regulated environment
• Ability to work with limited direction, within a complex environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to Executives
• Excellent relationship-building skills, enabling you to build strong, long term relationships whilst robustly challenging
• Proven experience of delivering operational improvement and efficiencies
• Outstanding communication skills
• Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
• Ability to build strong, effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Strong decision making skills
• Ability to initiate a plan and execute
•Knowledge of the three lines of defence model to manage operational risk
• Knowledge of the FCA handbook and ability to translate regulatory information in order that it can be embedded