My client a leading company based in York are searching for a Data Modeller to assist with the design and implementation of a number of Group data warehouses. This role offers flexible working and will require you to be in the office for 3 days in every 2 weeks.
As a data modeller, you will be working closely with data architects and data analysts to implement data modelling solutions in order to streamline and support enterprise information management.
To ensure success as a data modeller, you should have in-depth knowledge of data warehousing, as well as expert communication skills. Ultimately, you should be able to design models that reduce data redundancy, streamline data movements, and improve enterprise information management.Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Hands-on experience with physical and relational data modelling
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools
- Knowledge of mathematical foundations and statistical analysis
- Able to data model in Third Normal Form and Dimensional mode dependent on the type of model / requirements
- Ensure data integrity within the models - highlight where there are issues to stakeholders
- Maintain data models in the modelling tool and adequately document them and keep them up to date
- Carry out data profiling to understand the data at hand, test data constructs that have been devised
- Have a level of understanding of the source system that is providing the data into the data warehouse
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Good experience of using Jira, Confluence, MS Teams or similar collaboration tools
- Visio (or other modelling software) skills
- Experience with maintainable, extensible, high performance data warehouse application architectures
- Experience of data/system integration and a strong ability to identify dependencies
- Confident operating within an agile development processes
If this sounds something of interest or would like some more information, please apply with your up to date CV for Immediate consideration.