Skanska Group Function Internal Audit and Compliance (GFIAC) has a global responsibility for the financial audit within the Skanska Group and consists of 12 employees located in 6 countries, led by the Senior Vice President of Skanska AB, Internal Audit who reports to the Chairman of the Audit Committee of Skanska AB's Board of Directors.
The GFIAC UK team reports to the SVP Internal Audit and works closely with the responsible Executive Vice Presidents (EVP's) in Skanska's Group Leadership Team, GLT as well as with senior managers in the Business Units.Skanska Group Function Internal Audit and Compliance works to increase shareholder value by:
As an Internal Auditor part of the GFIAC UK team you will work closely with and support your manager in being responsible for audits in the Skanska UK Business Unit.You will be responsible for:
- Providing independent and objective assurance that risk management, the internal control environment, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the Skanska Group objectives and goals to be met.
- Ensuring group compliance with applicable laws and listing requirements relating to Internal Control.
- Establishing independent internal audit function, reporting through Skanska Group Staff Internal Audit and Compliance, covering all reporting units within in the Skanska Group.
- Assisting members of SET and other managers in their efforts to enhance controls and improve efficiency within their area of responsibility.
- Giving assurance to the Board of Directors via its Audit committee
- Supporting the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes within the Group.
We are looking for:
- Understanding of International Financing Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Familiarity and understanding of project execution, project controls and how a project operates is a strong plus
- Ability to interview project staff and understand and analyze project issues, controls and risks is necessary
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills, experience with multiple computer systems and their functions.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to solve problems, draw conclusions from raw data, has critical thinking skills.
- Acts and operates independently with minimal direction.
- Travel will be approximately 50% with 90% of it in the UK and with limited travel internationally to Skanska's offices.
- Ability to build trust and maintain positive working relationships with BU senior leadership and project management executives.
- Financial and/or accounting background, alternative a solid operational track record.
- Experience in working in an international company
- Capacity to work independently
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance
- Experience in finance, accounting, auditing or project operations
- Strong understanding of internal controls, governance, risk and compliance
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic - we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska. Flexible working
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role. Reasonable adjustments
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application. More information about the role
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.