Post Office is looking for a Lead Solution Architect who will be accountable for the end-to-end design of technical components of Post Office's Applications and Systems that are deployed primarily using our future trading platform (SPM). Skills required include - architectural design and strong Cloud technology knowledge, preferably AWS.Principal accountabilities
- Business and project engagement
- Maintaining strong relationships with Lead Product Solution Architects. Understanding their strategy and maintaining application and systems technology roadmaps aligned to product solution roadmaps.
- Evaluating and providing appropriate solution architecture for change relating to our applications and systems that are a core part of the SPM platform.
- Gather and analyse data to support solution options, architecture assessments, and recommendations
- Collaborate with other solution architects, enterprise architects, and programmes to assess the impact of changes to inflight projects
- Remain up to date with current technology aligned to the applications and systems through continuous training and market assessment/research
General Qualifications, experience, and skills
- Accountable for the SPM platform, its applications and systems are conformant with architecture and security standards
- Responsible for the platform to meet Scalability, Resilience, and High Availability business requirements.
- Ensure that all solution architectures or architectural increments are aligned to the target architecture, standards, and principles
- Produce and maintain solution architecture and application architecture documents to support the platform.
- Ensure designs are compliant with architecture principles, policies, standards, patterns, and best practices. Any deviations must be reported and approved by the technical design authority and further maintained via the central risk register and technical debt register.
- Provide support for major incidents on the platform.
- Enterprise architecture, Solution architecture
- An understanding of Application, Data, Infrastructure, Integration, Security, Cloud Native, and Web Architectures, so that end-to-end solution architectures can be defined
- Demonstrable track record of delivery in solution architecture roles
- Experienced in clearly articulating and portraying the solution via presentations, workshops, and solution architecture documents
- Lead a team of solution architects and guide the architects through best practices in design and delivery.
- Strong stakeholder management, communication, and negotiation skills
- Working in an Agile environment
- Working in a multi-vendor environment
- Certified in a relevant Architecture framework (e.g. BCS, TOGAF) is desirable
- Certified in SAFE (Scaled Agile Framework)(desirable)
- Architectural design and strong Cloud technology knowledge, preferably AWS.
- Stakeholder management and people management skills
- Strong leadership skills to lead a team of solution architects
- Proven critical analysis and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work alongside the head of solutions architecture and enterprise architects to develop creative technology strategies for rapidly changing, highly ambiguous challenges and opportunities