Job Title |
Associate Director M&A
Reporting to |
Head of Mergers & Acquisitions
Switzerland, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, United KingdomAbout ZEDRA
ZEDRA is an international provider of Corporate Services & Global Expansion, Active Wealth and Fund Solutions.
Our experienced teams deliver tailored high-quality advice to companies and family businesses expanding overseas on a range of corporate, global expansion, accounting, tax, global mobility, payroll and HR matters.
We also support high net worth individuals and their families seeking diversified active wealth solutions, as well as asset managers and their investors.
Our hands-on approach and entrepreneurial outlook help our clients safeguard their assets and unlock their ambitions for growth, no matter how complex their challenges might be.
At ZEDRA we embrace an entrepreneurial spirit where employees are encouraged to see beyond their determined role and participate in a wide range of opportunities. We focus on providing a wide range of technical and practical support to all employees at every level.
ZEDRA recognises the need to develop and expand an employee's skill-set and encourages career growth, as well as supports a social culture too, with a local social event programme across each office that celebrates the companies' inclusive culture.We aim high. We believe in doing more so that our clients can. Do More. Achieve More. Purpose of Role
The Associate Director M&A is a member of a team responsible for group-wide merger & acquisitions with primary focus to co-ordinate and deliver on the ZEDRA M&A Strategy. The Associate Director M&A is there to support the Head of M&A in facilitating the purchase or consolidation of companies from inception to the final merger.Key Accountabilities
Knowledge and ExperienceProfessional and Technical Experience
- monitor a defined set of markets and large industry competitors including gathering public information through numerous sources
- taking part in acquisition by creating financial analyses
- prepare the presentations for the Finance and M&A Committee, the Senior Management Committee and ZEDRA's board of directors
- work closely with the Head of M&A acting as a link internally with the (members of) ZEDRA's board of directors, CFO, support functions as well investment banks, audit firms, legal advisors, research firms and other relevant advisors.
- Support, if and when required, the implementation of post-acquisition integration.
- Adhering to company and industry policies and regulations
- Financial modelling
- Knowledge of valuation techniques
- Making error-free presentations
- Accounting knowledge
- Core industry knowledge
- Knowledge of (common and civil) corporate law and merger process
- Managing multiple projects
- Experience in M&A transactions in both common law and civil law jurisdictions
- Experience with common and civil law contracts
- Solid negotiating and drafting skills
- Experience in filing with (local) regulators
- Highly analytical and quick thinker
- Able to complete financial analyses with limited oversight and support
- Open to new ideas and able to think out of the box
- Proactive and entrepreneurial, enjoys taking the initiative
- Able to prioritise and to re-assess prioritisations when needed
- Flexible, easily adapts to change
- Good communicator
- Team player
The successful candidate will be fluent in English and an understanding of other languages is desirable.Academic and Professional Qualifications
The candidate ideally should have a master degree in economics, law or other relevant qualification.