Position Title: Virtual Simulation Modelling Engineer - 37255
Division: Body Engineering
Location: WarwickshirePosition Description:
Lead engineer, Optimisation and advanced simulationSkills Required:
Experience in either mode FRONTIER or iSight or hyperstruct Solvers in any :LS-Dyna, Nastran, OptiStruct Post /Pre-processing in any : PRIMER, Hyperwork, ANSA.Skills Preferred:
Should be a well-motivated self-starter with little need of continual guidance (overview and goals will be clearly defined and candidate allowed to investigate best possible route to goal). Willingness to learn new skills. Good communication skills, written and verbalExperience Required:
- Lead / plan the development of vehicle system, subsystem and component using MDO tools to meet all design requirements.
- Use effectively the MDO to drive design and be able to carry out trade-offs between attributes.
- Lead design studies using optimisation tools to support the Body in delivery of all body programs and identify any short-falls against key functional attribute requirements (Vehicle Safety / Dynamics / NVH / Durability, weight and cost).
- Interface with attributes and design teams.
- Coordinate and lead the feedback of results as required through design / project reviews.
- Develop design solutions to support Body CoC engineering and cost status against key program gateways Champion/support the development of new CAE tools for system optimisation to support concept design studies and enhance MDO technique.
- Engineering Degree qualification
- Capable CAE engineer to integrate into small Advanced CAE methods team to carry out concept CAE activities using powerful optimisation technologies which considers multiple attributes (i.e. Crash, NVH, durability), he will also be able to use and develop simplified simulation models that can be used to rapidly understand design drivers.
- Requiring willing and able engineer to assist in developing new CAE technologies at JLR This will include developing processes for refinement of current methods and longer term development towards JLR Advanced simulation strategic aims.
- Identify and document promising future direction in the use of MDO at JLR to explore relationship between complex system design initiatives.
- Actively promote the collaboration between various disciplines especially the CAE/CAD integration using parametric geometries and the advanced MDO tools