Did you know, every day, more than 11 million guests visit BK restaurants around the world? I know, right? Well we are the second largest fast food hamburger chain in the world, after all.
Rewind to 1954, and it's clear why - James and David introduced flame-grilled taste to the world, and the world never looked back. The original 'Home of the Whopper', our commitment to premium ingredients, signature recipes, and family-friendly dining experiences has defined our brand for more than 60 years and since we acquired the UK master franchise in 2017, backed by Bridgepoint and led by Alasdair Murdoch, we can now shake up the world of fast food more than ever.
Just as legendary as our burgers - and almost as old - is our motto: 'Have it your way'. We believe that everyone has the right to be themselves and to express themselves. Regardless of what anyone else thinks or thinks you should be. Simply put, whether you eat with us, or work for us, we believe you should be allowed to be you. End of story.About the Opportunity:
As Management Accountant at Burger King UK, you will produce timely and accurate management information in accordance with specified monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements. You will provide support to the Finance Manager (Management Accounts) in producing monthly management accounts and other internal reporting, as well as external reporting where required.
You will be responsible for ensuring all assigned tasks are completed accurately and provided for a review in a timely manner. The overall aim for the Management Accountant is to support the Finance Manager with improving value in all areas of the business by managing and reducing operational costs and analysing business performance.What You Will Do:
- You will assist the Finance Manager with the month end accounts production and reporting cycle
- Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries as necessary
- Review assigned line items on a monthly basis, contributing to the overall compilation and analysis of the monthly management accounts
- Ensure AP postings have been correctly allocated to relevant line items and cost centres
- You will provide commentary to management on variances to budget, forecast and prior year regarding any anomalies each month
- Contribute to the preparation of flash reports, ensuring accuracy and investigating variances within the required time frame for review
- Prepare month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations for assigned lines on a monthly basis
- Act as a contact to various business partners across the organisation regarding site performance, including explanation of differences to budgets and forecasts
- Offer professional judgement on financial matters and advise on ways of improving business performance
- Provide management reporting for decision-making
- Contribute to the annual budget and periodic forecasting
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Identify process improvements and change management.
- Support the business during acquisition and integration projects.
- Assist with external audit process and contribute to the statutory accounts process
What You Will Get:
- You will be a Part Qualified accountant - ACCA, CIMA, ACA
- Have experience of Management Accounts preparation and detailed Reconciliations (i.e. working across P&L and balance sheet)
- Have experience working with large volumes of data, producing variance analysis and insights
- Have extensive working knowledge of Excel and an understanding of consolidation and audit process
- Experience with preparing statutory accounts and previous exposure to a multiple entity, multi-site business
- Experience of SAP BusinessOne is an advantage
- You will be confident and professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Have exceptional attention to detail and able to write insightful business commentary
- Demonstrate perseverance to overcome obstacles and show a willingness to go the extra mile. Focuses on finding solutions and supporting colleagues.
- Excellent problem solving, with ability to probe and establish real issues and identify correct solutions.
- Demonstrate integrity and is trusted by those around them with a high degree of professionalism and a strong sense of ethical standards
- Company Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Critical Illness Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 50% off Food & Drink
- Discretionary Bonus