Financial Services sector Equity Research Analyst
This is a great opportunity to join a small, dynamic team focused on covering financials companies. You will be working with a senior analyst, supporting them with the coverage and taking on your own coverage list as fast as your experience and development in this role allows.
My client is a European Investment Banking boutique, with an exceptionally strong franchise in the small to mid-cap space. They are looking to hire someone into an equity research role, and will look at someone new to the space as long as you have 3 plus years of work experience in UK financial services, and a keen interest in building a career in equity research focused on the financial services sector.
The team works on primary and secondary research which effectively means that the work is a mixture of live transactions - working with companies to raise money - and on-going coverage, writing reports on listed companies for the financial services client base.
· Generate new business ideas, help win corporate clients and brokerships, and other fee generating activities
· Assist with value-added projects alongside the senior Research Analysts to support the franchise
· Manage projects - Industry, company and market analyses
· Write thought provoking research reports and make presentations
· Analyse emerging trends in an industry or macro economy to develop original insight and review findings with Senior Research Analysts
· Keen interest in the financial services sector is paramount
· Degree educated - 2:1 or above (preferred)
· ACA, CFA or equivalent professional financial qualification
· Financial modelling skills
· Analytical mind, able to rapidly assimilate information
· Self-starter - must be organised and able to work independently
· Excellent communication skills to facilitate conversations both internally and externally
· Competency in Microsoft Office