Express Solicitors is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in all areas of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries, clinical negligence and financial mis-selling. We pride ourselves in the work we do.
Due to growth, we have recently opened a Consumer Claims practice and we are looking to significantly expand in this area. We are currently looking for four Litigation Executives to join our consumer claims team for Plevin and Financial mis-selling cases.Role
The caseload will be from cradle to grave and you will deal with all stages from letter of claim to trial. Full training will be provided, although having some experience of running a litigated caseload, or assisting in running a litigated caseload would be beneficial. You will be expected to manage your own caseload in the role.
For the successful candidates we offer unrivalled progression opportunities including fast-track Training Contracts after 6 months. Express Solicitors has strong supervision channels, excellent training including away days. This is the perfect opportunity to join a highly ambitious and growing firm. Person Specification
- Strong attention to detail and passion for working with clients
- Ambitious about your legal career
- This role would suit someone who has previous experience working in a law firm,
- Experience of working on litigation files is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Proclaim case management system is desirable, although full training can be provided.
- Experience of drafting Statements of Case
- Some previous experience running your own caseload, or assisting others, is desirable.
- An understanding of the civil litigation process
- Experience drafting Instructions to Counsel and attending conferences.
- An interest in providing confident advocacy.
- Strong legal academic achievement (LLB, LLM, LPC, GDL)
We are looking for people who show professionalism, maturity and aptitude for client care and ability to work in fast paced environment. The role is autonomous hence expected to take responsibility of the cases in your remit.
We are looking for our future Trainee Solicitors, if you have your LPC, we can offer a 6 month fast-track option. We offer an uncapped number of Training Contracts with rolling admittance dates throughout the year. What we can offer you?
Our employees are our most important asset and have been instrumental in helping us recover millions of pounds each year for injured people. No doubt at Express Solicitors we rate skill and ability above all else and our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
- A starting salary of £19,500, with a generous commission structure paid monthly in arrears.
- Excellent regular training including away days.
- Strong development opportunities and regular supervision.
- Our standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday.
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, plus bank/public hols. Please note, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and 3 holidays are reserved for this period.
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion. • Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more.
- Usual ancillary benefits including Employee Assistance Programme etc.
There is a 2-part interview process - 1 set of 3 questions and an interview thereafter. Interviews will be conducted by MS Teams or Telephone and will include scenario based questioning.