Working to the Director of Communications and Marketing and Head of Marketing and Communications, this role will involve writing, editing and designing across the entire range of communications output including newsletters, the website, pamphlets, flyers, reports and press releases. It may include covering social media and assisting in organising events. This is an opportunity for an energetic self-starter to join the communications and marketing team of this busy organisation at the heart of the UK's screen-based industries.Key responsibilities:
Essential skills and experience:
- To organise, write, edit and publish a wide range of communications including newsletters and content for the ScreenSkills website.
- To work with ScreenSkills colleagues and industry stakeholders to produce press releases and create other media moments.
- Developing, and updating existing, ScreenSkills collateral for teams across the company, including digital and print ads, booklets, leaflets and PowerPoints.
- Working with marcomms team on developing social media campaigns (look and words), including liaising with external design agencies
- Sourcing images from productions for use in collateral and on the ScreenSkills website and managing the company picture library
- Commissioning and/or writing and editing case studies
- Proofing work for colleagues and helping them with templates when required
- Researching and updating press contacts, (currently using Meltwater)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, notably the ability to write clearly and succinctly for different audiences.
- Proven experience of working in a communications role (which could include journalism).
- Planning skills, with the ability to complete and finish tasks on time, to high standards and to budget.
- Experience of producing newsletters, press releases and other professional documentation
- An ability to work on multiple strands of activity simultaneously and to be able to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- A good eye for detail.
- Knowledge of the screen-based industries and its issues
- Comfortable working with a CMS (preferably Umbraco)
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills
- Experienced user of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro) for design and editing
- Social media and Google analytics.
Other skills and attributes:
Please submit a CV and covering letter clearly stating how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com or you can apply via our website.Corporate responsibilities of all ScreenSkills Personnel:
- Positive self-starter and problem-solver
- Hard-working team player who can also operate alone
- Take ownership of, and contribute to, internal and external communications activity both in their job role and as part of ScreenSkills' overall strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to embracing and promoting ScreenSkills' positive approach to the achievement of acceptance, openness, and equality of opportunity at work for people from under-represented groups (e.g. such as those with disabilities and/or Black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender).
- Promote and develop individual and organisational activities which support and enhance environmental sustainability and health and safety objectives.
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external customers and provide a high-quality service which meets their needs.
- Support yours and your colleagues' activity through a commitment to effective and correct use of corporate tools and resources, including the ScreenSkills' intranet for internal communications and authorised systems for contact management.
ScreenSkills is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups such as women, people who are Black, Asian and minority ethnic, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, LGBTQ+, with caring responsibilities, parents or carers who are returning after a career break, from different nations and regions, from a less advantaged socio-economic background or any other under-represented group.
We would like to thank you for the time and effort made in submitting your application. As a charity we are conscious of how and where we use our limited resources. This means we are unable to respond to every application received, if you have not had a response within three weeks of the closing date please assume on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. I hope this outcome does not deter you from applying for future roles within our organisation.