An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Finance Department for a Credit Manager to join the team at The Port of Felixstowe. As an integral and key member of the Finance team you will be responsible for the operation of the HPUK Credit Control function.
In this role you will oversee the department in achieving the key aim of timely collection of trade debt and the minimisation of bad debts. Managing the day to day running of the Accounts Receivable ledgers, with line management of the Credit Control team, you will work in partnership and collaboration with other teams such as Billing and Commercial.Key Requirements
- Manage the daily operations of the Accounts Receivable department for HPUK and its subsidiaries.
- Oversea the collection, control and administration of customer debts (1,000+ accounts).
- Responsible for the control of the HPUK Credit Policy ensuring it is maintained, developed and consistently adhered to.
- Manage customer credit including assessing credit risk, interpreting financial and commercial data using Credit Reference Agency reports.
- Build credible relationships with customers, provide the necessary support to aid in improving payment performance.
- Deliver regular business reports with a strong attention to detail.
For full details, please refer to JD0118 Who are we looking for?
Suitable applicants will have:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's 'A*-C' grades (or equivalent) including English, Maths, Science.
- Be qualified or studying towards full Institute of Credit Management qualification.
- Background in Finance, preferably in a medium / large organisation including at least 5 years within credit control.
- Full awareness of the impact of effective debt collection upon the overall cash-flow of the business.
- Managed group trade debt of significant value across multiple ledgers.
It would be advantageous to have:
- Previous Ports / shipping industry experience.
- Experience of Oracle Financials.
Salary circa £40,000 subject to skills and experience.
Hutchison Ports is committed to creating and developing an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified applicants and encourage discussion about flexible working opportunities. We offer a supportive, community environment and have recently been awarded Chartered status by Women In Maritime. We have our own Women's Network, offer leadership, mentoring and role specific training.