Test EngineerReporting to:
Product Development ManagerDepartment:
UK - London (Office Based) About the Company:
Vision RT is a highly successful 3D medical imaging company based in North West London providing patient positioning and motion management solutions for radiotherapy. Vision RT won two Queen's Awards in 2016, and the 'Technology Innovation of the Year' award at the 2015 UK Private Business Awards.
Radiotherapy is used to treat a wide range of cancer patients. During treatment, controlled doses of high-energy radiation destroy cancer cells in the affected areas. It is essential to accurately position the patient before each treatment and monitor motion throughout to ensure that the planned dose is targeted correctly and as little healthy tissue as possible is affected.
Vision RT has developed a revolutionary, market-leading solution to the problems of patient setup and motion management, with unique, patented optical guidance technology. The Company works closely with scientific and clinical centres of excellence around the globe and has forged strong alliances with the major industry vendors.
We are a friendly team working in a vibrant culture on a high-tech product. Clinical evidence shows that we are able to have a real impact on the lives of cancer patients and we feel a shared sense of purpose in making sure that our product is used in every centre, for every treatment, for every patient. We are looking to recruit a Test Engineer who will share our passion, work with integrity in an open and honest way, and deliver results that will help drive our success and adoption of our solutions into routine use everywhere that radiotherapy is delivered.About the Role:Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
About the candidate:
- Working as part of the London team you'll be undertaking comprehensive testing of our radiotherapy systems, integrating hardware, software and firmware to ensure that new and updated products achieve agreed performance and quality standards.
- Building, maintaining, creating and executing manual and automated system tests.
- Working closely with developers, project managers, and other stakeholders through the testing and development cycle, you will have the opportunity to not only test and support existing product lines through the introduction of new features, but to actively shape the test strategy as we increase the use of automated test tools and other Agile methodologies.
This would suit a Software Test Engineer who is looking for their 2nd or 3rd position in the industry and is aware of different testing methods such as System Testing, Functional Testing, Exploratory Testing, Automated Testing, Compatibility Testing, Regression Testing, Reliability Testing, Usability Testing. Experience and SkillsEssential
- Experience with lifecycle management software (e.g. Jira)
- Experience with test automation tools (e.g. SpecFlow, FlaUI, or other Web or Desktop Automation experience using Microsoft Technologies)
- Basic knowledge of programming / scripting (e.g. Python, C#, C++)
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Windows Office Suite
- Automated/Manual Software Testing execution and creation experience
- You will need a logical and scrupulous approach with good attention to detail, an open and collaborative approach, good problem solving and fault-finding skills.
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering/Technical/Mathematics/Science disciplines
- Software System Testing Qualification (e.g. ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level or equivalent qualification/experience)
- Experience with Application Lifecycle management tool (e.g. Matrix ALM) for requirements capture, test specification and verification etc.
- Medical device or other heavily process driven testing background would be highly advantageous.
- Full training on the Company processes and role is provided.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Group income protection
- Group life insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance program
- Monthly gym membership contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus scheme (Based on Company & individual performance)
- Free onsite parking at both London and Basingstoke offices
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working due to COVID-19 - 3 days office based & 2 days home based