Objective: The growth and management of client accounts.
To deliver market differentiating client services that will retain the account and drive organic growth opportunities through client satisfaction and advocacy
As an Account Director, you play a leading role in the successful growth and delivery of all projects on the accounts you work on - being the champion of the client needs and objectives throughout the process. You are key to the overall Account Health, having oversight of multiple projects, understanding the nuances of the client needs, the brand objectives and the budget. You are essential to the delivery of the Agency's overall excellence in client services and the management of the team to deliver on this.
Delivering ATL content as well as websites, social activations, CRM and print.
The Account Director's core responsibilities include project managing new business wins at a regional and global level; overall responsibility for the European Markets' current S.O.W as well as the agency's growth objective and Accounts lead on Canadian and USA markets.Key Areas of Accountability:
Skills, Personal Attributes and Attitude:
- To build excellent relationships with day-to-day clients to drive client business success
- To take responsibility, alongside the Content Director and Project Management team, for the quality of project delivery across your team through education and enforcing of the agency's processes and the brilliant basics of client servicing.
- To take responsibility for the guardianship of your clients overarching objectives and their briefs within the agency at the delivery stage, demonstrating good strategic/ creative judgement and understanding at all stages to forward plan, identify potential problems and opportunities
- Identify new business opportunities and grow the account pitching new ideas to markets, cementing our role as their strategic partners.
- To work closely with the Planning Department to take responsibility for the quality of strategic output
- To take responsibility for the commercials on your client business managing the budget with the Senior Account Director, inputting into monthly forecasting and meeting resource utilisation targets
- To demonstrate strong knowledge of the agency's business and sector including our agency credentials and products
- Good business leadership skills demonstrated with creative judgement, strategic thinking, budgeting, industry knowledge, talent management
- Strong communication skills - articulate in person and in writing, confident in leading the agency response in mid-level/senior client situations, ability to own relationships with day-to-day clients, ability to handle conflict and negotiations with minimal support
- Ambassador for values and thinking - a leader of our values across team, department and wider agency, ability to confidently articulate our positioning and credentials
Qualifications and /or training required for this role:
- Positive performance against personal objectives in bi-annual Appraisal (including 360 feedback from key internal and client contacts)
- Positive client satisfaction scores
- Ability to manage client accounts ensuring high-quality work is delivered on time and within budget, working with Creatives, Planning and Project Management to achieve this within the agency processes
- Ability to independently troubleshoot on day-to-day account issues such as resourcing and day to day client challenges. This incorporates knowing when it is necessary to keep the senior team informed/ to escalate
- Active participation in training and agency meetings from departmental meetings to training events
- Likely a graduate with 5+ years' experience
- Experience in leading and developing teams across multiple projects
- Experience in successfully managing mid-level/senior client contacts independent of more senior help
- Credible experience within relevant industry sectors
- Likely to manage circa £500k plus of revenue
- Excellent knowledge of direct and/or digital channels as well as a strong understanding of other relevant marketing disciplines (e.g. advertising, media, social)
- Digitally literate (preferably experience of Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Active driving license and Passport