We are seeking forward thinking and ambitious Senior Java
Developers with a background in FinTech/ Finance/ Blockchain
to join our high performing Software Engineering team at our head office in Mayfair, London.
Our Engineering team is building the next wave of cryptocurrency software solutions and have successfully built award winning products such as Clearloop, which is the first platform to connect custodians and exchanges in one secure trading loop, with real time settlement.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Java Developer to join an innovative team and work on brand new greenfield projects within the cryptocurrency and blockchain technology space. About UsCopper is a Fin Tech Scale up that has quickly established itself as the go-to provider of safeguarding and trading infrastructure for institutions investing in digital assets. We create and maintain the systems that enable vast sums of crypto-assets to move quickly and securely between exchanges and hedge funds, private banks, family offices, and high net-worth individuals. Our award-winning products are constantly evolving to meet client and market demands. Copper prides itself on its ability to adapt products and services more quickly than any of its competitors.We Offer
Our Core Stack:
- A unique opportunity to join an exciting and fast-growing, truly global scale-up in the most dynamic industry in the world today
- A supportive and friendly team working towards the common goal, willing to share their knowledge and help you every step of the way
- Opportunities to participate in different workstreams and to grow professionally as a multi-stack, broad outlook developer
Your Role as Software Engineer
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- AWS, CI/CD pipelines
- ReactJS Frontend
- Native iOS, macOS and Windows apps in ElectronJS
- You will join as a part of the Blockchain team, participating in every stage of product and feature development from conceptualisation to architecture, to build, to release, to iteration and support
- You will be building the backend for our new features, as well as supporting the existing product lines
- You will integrate with cryptocurrency exchanges, traditional financial services providers, payment networks and other third-parties
- You will build out our support new layer one and two blockchain assets, as well as support the existing
Your Character Traits:
- You are well-versed with (and committed to) the OOP paradigm and design patterns
- 3+ years' experience building Java applications
- A good understanding of RESTful API and HTTP principles
- An understanding of the critical importance of unit tests, well-versed and able to build automated tests of server-side code (TDD)
- The ability to prioritise, distinguish between major and minor issues and not get hung up on the latter
- You are friendly and can communicate with your colleagues on the development and product teams effectively.
- You are driven and passionate about your work and the product you are working on
- You are professionally curious and willing to develop yourself as a multi-stack developer
- You are able and willing to remain reactive and respond to clients'
- Experience supporting infrastructure and a desire to develop in this direction