Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, Global Merchandising and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or football operations department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations. THE ROLE
The Retail Buyer is responsible for the delivery of a creative and enticing product range to drive sales and profit to reach set KPI's. Ensure ethical sourcing for all products across the ranges and sold across all Retail channels. Management of the stock holding and availability by tight control on OTB and planning of products and ranges to be sold, pricing and quantities.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Primary responsibilities for the Product Manager are as follows:
- Create new/innovative and enticing ranges for Retail to sell - generating sales and profit in line with the annual Retail budgets.
- To ensure ranges are achieving a commercial and profitable range through key supplier trading negotiations
- To regularly review the product performance by SKU and category. Challenging themselves to optimise width and depth of range where appropriate within merchandise and category
- To support operational and trading teams to manage stock clearance and markdowns to limit reduction in profit
- To ensure operational trading teams have the best in stock availability for supporting the business's selling cycle
- Manage regular range review process to review sales, profit and control clearance stock
- Create and communicate a retail pricing policy to then communicate to the selling teams
- Ensure all appropriate Health and Safety and QC certificates are in place for merchandise and factories/suppliers adhere to them.
- Liaise with Audit Company to carry out supplier factory audits and take appropriate actions to any findings.
- Liaise with QC company to review and improve QC processes and implement any actions needed from findings
- Ensure all Suppliers that we work with have a valid Supplier agreement in place
- Ensure when developing new ranges and SKU's, keep the integrity of Partner brand in product and packaging and oversee the correct interpretation and use of the Brand and packaging guidelines of Suppliers
- Visit suppliers and source new products - using face to face meetings to cement strong trading relationships
- Source new Suppliers and manufacturing when and where necessary - reviewing the global sourcing territories to keep costs as low as possible
- Negotiate prices and trading terms with suppliers and step in where issues not resolved or need more senior guidance.
- Visit all retail outlets whether event days and/or 365 B&M Stores reviewing ranges and gathering feedback from stores teams on products and take best industry practice and implement it where appropriate within channels for selling.
- Review and manage promotional activity E.G. 3 for 2 BOGOF within margin of buy
- Responsible for products promotional/campaign calendar in line with club objectives with trading teams and Partner.
- Plan promotional activity in line with budgets and range plans with Marketing team
- To manage and communicate the promotional process to all stakeholders from Partner and Retail
- To evaluate group wide promotional results for future promotions and check they are driving additional revenue and profit
- Fully responsible for merchandisers planning and allocating the OTB, ensuring they are managing preallocation of ranges to certain stores and E-Commerce
- Allocate and spend accordingly to sales plan
- Maintain a strong market knowledge of sector rivals and trends
- Other duties and projects as assigned and directed by the Senior Buyer
- Monthly review of GP and margins of P and L with Senior Buyer
At Legends, we are looking for a driven and highly skilled individual who understands the product lifecycle and the ability to coordinate this through the retail environment to a demanding consumer. Able to drive their team through a high commercial acumen and attuned influencing and negotiating skills to lead by example in the delivery of a well thought out, delivered and business plan.
- A minimum of five (5) years buying and/or merchandising experience in Retail
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience and/or training
- Excellent influencing skills to support needs of the internal and external stakeholder teams at every level
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent and proven track record of strong negotiation skills
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be available to work extended hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays as business needs require
- Must be able to work in a team environment with internal and external stakeholders