Finance AssistantLeading SaaS Scale UpLondon£ Flexible
scout is delighted to be working in-house with an incredibly ambitious, high-growth RegTech scale up, who have grown in 9 years to around 320 people globally and are primed to double in size over the next 12-18 months. They specialise in solutions that help tackle Fraud & Identity theft- an ever-growing threat in an increasingly online world.
Their technology is already being used by some of the world's leading banks and financial institutions and they are fully dedicated to winning the fight against cyber-crime and identity theft.Fancy joining them in that fight?
As a Finance Assistant you will join a lean, high-exposure Finance team who are challenged every day in a high growth international business. The Finance Assistant plays a critical role in the success of the finance function. The role looks after the efficient running of the day to day finance operations and assisting in preparation of month end accounts and reconciliations within agreed deadlines. The accuracy of the financial data, reconciliations and supplier/debtors relationships is the key foundations of building a world class finance function.
This role will look after global operations. A key part of this role will be improving and implementing processes.
Key ResponsibilitiesMonth end
- Bank reconciliations.
- Month end journals (accruals, prepayment, depreciation, payroll, revenue).
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Intercompany reconciliations.
- Preparing actual v budget reports.
- Month end analysis on costs.
- Processing of invoices ensuring accuracy of coding.
- Statement reconciliation.
- Ensuring invoices are approved for payment.
- Ownership of the invoice mailbox, dealing with supplier queries.
- Onboarding of new suppliers.
- Monitoring costs against budgets.
- Preparation of payment runs for Finance Manager.
- Analysis of weekly aged creditors reports - highlighting and resolving issues.
- Expenses and credit card processing.
- Improving and implementing an effective and efficient AP process.
- Onboarding of new clients.
- Preparation and reconciliation of revenue data extracted from different platforms.
- Creating sales invoices ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Ensuring revenue is recognised correctly.
- Review and chasing customers as necessary.
- Assisting with submission of VAT/GST return and other regulatory returns globally.
- Assisting the Finance manager with systems and process improvements.
- Assisting with the year-end accounts and annual audits.
- Assisting with month cashflow analysis.
- Assisting in ad hoc project.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with a solid understanding of AP, AR and month end close.
- Demonstrable experience of improving finance processes having worked in organisations where change has been implemented or an understanding of what good processes look like.
- Good understanding of month end adjustments
- Ability to manipulate large data sets
- End to end ownership of the accounts payable process and good understanding of debtors and credit control process.
- Taking ownership and delivery of key measurable results.
- Problem solver and working in an environment of constant change where not everything works.
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise and to work independently
- Worked in high growth environment.
- Previous SaaS experience
- Implemented 3rd party solutions for process improvement