indus four is an investor-backed Bristol-based start-up developing innovative systems for automation. We have ambitious goals that will change how automation will be used in the future, just as Shopify transformed e-commerce delivery and UiPath enabled RPA. As a company that bridges the physical and digital worlds, we are growing a team of talented mechanical, electronic and software engineers to work on innovative projects across many business sectors.
Our automation laboratory is currently:
- Working with medical professionals and international companies to help support national and international vacation programmes
- Developing automation solutions for a multinational pharmaceutical company, solving traditionally hard to automate problems to increase organizational efficiency
Developing a hyperautomation software platform that will provide access to 'connected automation' for a wide range of organisations
We are seeking an experienced senior mechanical engineer to join the company as an engineering lead to help shape the future of our products and services. The ideal candidate will enjoy developing new products from concept to prototype and production-ready systems, with a broad interest across engineering disciplines. You'll be happy to lead practical experiments and liaise with both customers and suppliers.
You will be skilled in designing high-quality, robust mechanisms and design innovative mechatronic systems using new generation control systems. You may be a young entrepreneurial graduate engineer with five or more years of experience looking for a step up the career ladder or a more senior engineer looking to get stuck into solving interesting design challenges rather than spending time managing others and following onerous management processes.Required Skills
- 5 or more years of mechanical design experience with a graduate mechanical engineering degree or similar experience
- Competent at quantitative analysis of mechanical engineering design challenges
- Competent at designing mechatronic systems with working knowledge of robotics, motors, actuators, and sensors
- Competent at using current generation 3D modelling CAD tools
- Willing to manage a small engineering team
- Willing to act as mechanical design authority for the business
- Experience in automation safety standards
- Experience in quality control and product lifecycle management systems
We are growing quickly and are expanding the team in several areas. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with big plans! We offer a flexible, agile working environment that lets engineers create great products without excessive management or process burdens. The headquarters are currently based at the "Future Space" innovation centre on the UWE campus, supporting viable homeworking. The company offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of salary and a share option scheme.
Send a CV and brief covering letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org.