As McCann Central's Commercial Contracts Manager you will report into the Chief Financial Officer and be focused on managing client/supplier contract negotiation and advising on post contract compliance. In addition, in conjunction with the our holding company (IPG) legal department you will advise staff on routine legal issues with a solid working knowledge of intellectual property, advertising standards, GDPR regulation and corporate legal matters generally.Who We Are.
We are McCann Central, the UK's largest integrated marketing/advertising agency. Over 500 individuals working together to help brands play a meaningful role in people's lives.
We are also part of McCann Worldgroup, a global agency network that delivers culture-shaping work for some of the world's biggest brands.
And to add to the (literal) wheelbarrow full of awards we've got including Euro Effies most effective global agency, Cannes Network of the Year, Campaign's European Integrated Agency of the Year, not to mention McCann Central's haul of awards in recent years at Cannes Lions, Clios, One Show, D&AD, LIAs, Golden Drum & Creative Circle Awards. So creativity really is at the forefront of everything we do.
We're a team of passionate creatives, strategists and marketers from a wide mix of backgrounds. But there's a lot that unites us - like caring deeply about everything we make. And though our skillsets are wide and our process knowledge is deep, we are all still learning every day.Requirements
Day to day you'll have...
Skills And Experience
- Overall responsibility for designing and implementing the Agency's contract sign off process with the assistance of the IPG legal department and subsequent monitoring process;
- Supporting the Agency's commercial teams on the review of NDAs and the negotiation of client and supplier contracts, using both Agency and Client/Supplier terms and conditions templates;
- In conjunction with the Agency's financial control team, ensure adherence to key contract terms during the post contract period;
- Acting as the Agency's initial point of contact for common intellectual property, advertising standards and production related legal issues;
- Aided by the Agency's DPO and our central data protection team, responsibility for GDPR related matters, providing recommendations to ensure compliance across the Agency's processes and services offerings with GDPR regulation, including digital media buying;
- Liaison with the IPG legal department on current regulation changes and responsibility for rolling out best practice and training locally
- You should be a team player and "hands on" in approach.
In addition to having gained previous 'in-house' legal experience, the following skills and experience are required (or desirable where stated)
- Minimum Bachelor degree and/or professional qualification in law or a relevant subject with post graduate studies in law at law school; para legal experience preferable;
- Experience of commercial contracts law as well as intellectual property law and/or advertising;
- Familiarity with the digital media buying 'ecosystem' (either from a legal perspective or operationally) is preferable but not an absolute requirement;
- Good organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative;
- Proven ability building professional relationships in a client facing environment while maintaining independence;
- Highly proficient in IT applications like Adobe / Excel / Word / PowerPoint;
More information will be made available upon request by suitable candidates.Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you'll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you'll get to work closely with the world's biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you'll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you'll work in an environment where you are supported and developed.Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative - one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it's vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.