BlairWest are working with an industry leader with their search to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant.
Working as part of a small finance team, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring accuracy across all external reporting, whilst leading on projects to identify improvements across existing financial frameworks and processes.
We envisage the successful candidate will be ACA / ACCA qualified, with strong technical skills, looking to secure a rounded role. The organization has an impressive record of promoting from within, and represents an interesting first / second move into industry.The Role:
- Completion of accurate & timely financial reporting;
- Identification of process improvements across existing financial controls and processes;
- Submission of regulatory returns, whilst ensure the organisation complies with industry standards;
- Developing of accounting frameworks, whilst working with colleagues to understand financial performance & metrics;
- Leading on year end activity, whilst working closely with Auditors and external advisors;
- Supporting with compliance with tax obligations;
- Assisting wider finance team with month end procedures;
- Qualified Accountant (likely to be ACA / ACCA)
- We envisage the successful candidate will have strong technical skills, and is motivated by developing robust financial controls
- Previous experience from a financial accounting role would be advantageous, but is not a pre-requisite;
- Advanced user of IT systems including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to proactively manage a varied workload