VoCoVo Company Overview
VoCoVo are a leading voice & technology brand working with some of the world's biggest retailers. You may have seen our equipment in places like ASDA, Tesco's, Co-Op, TK Maxx, Primark and Pets At Home to name a few... We now have over 50,000 people in 5,000 locations using our product every day!
The business was recently proud to achieve 5th place in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 and a 2,500% growth within the last 4 years here in the UK. We are now looking to cement our position as a leader in this field by expanding our reach into Europe and North America.
To help us achieve our vision we are looking to fill this new engineering position.Purpose of the role
What does success look like?
- Developing efficient, readable solutions in JS/TS
- Owning your domain, taking responsibility for everything you see deserving of change
- Peer review of your colleagues' work.
- High availability and flexibility, to always "pitch-in" on a problem
Skills and qualifications required
- You are able to efficiently deliver work independently, or by pairing with colleagues on complex problems
- You contribute to your team's overall knowledge with sharing session
- Your code is clean and readable, meeting our coding guidelines and standards
- You are able to meet your sprint commitments, or clearly communicate blockers so colleagues are involved in a timely and efficient manner
- You contribute to the company and the product beyond the work you're assigned, adding value to discussions, documentation and tooling, and parts of the codebase outside your usual remit
expecting you to have them all:
- Understanding and experience in SQL or NoSQL solutions
- Experience in event-driven systems
- Experience of Scrum / Agile
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, and able to explain complex concepts clearly
- Good understanding of VCS like Git
- Practice of Clean Code
- Experience with unit testing or other test automation
What we can offer you
- Experience of Docker or Virtualisation systems
- Experience of Machina/XState or other finite state machines
- A truly unique challenge in one of the UK's fastest growing companies
- An autonomous role where you are the master of your own destiny
- Lots of personal career routes & opportunities as we scale
- A business with the goal of becoming a Times Top 100 Company
- Team culture with an employee-wide bonus scheme linked to annual results
- A sector where you will see the outcomes of your work in everyday life
- 99% remote in the UK (we'd love to meet you in person, from time to time)
- Flexible working
- Circa £50,000+ (we'll happily go up for the right person)
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance & Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package
- Training & development inc. 5% time.