Why apply for this role?
We are looking for a Java Developer with an enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies who works best in a collaborative team environment. As a critical member of the common components team, you will be working as part of an agile team participating in the evolution of the digital platform that will change the bank and how our customers interact with us.
As a Full Stack Engineer you will be responsible for providing the capabilities required for the entire application lifecycle to build clean and easy to use interfaces for both web and mobile. You will be developing functional, integrable and tested microservices and persistency layers for information requirements, as well as setting the proper framework for continuous integration and deployment to the servers.
If this sounds like something you'd enjoy, we'd like to hear from you.What you'll be doing
- Designing and implementing both mobile-based and website-based features.
- Participating in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Building functional, reusable and sustainable microservices based on API strategy.
- Generating the required tests to assure high-quality and robustness of the solution.
- Setting a framework for continuous integration, deployment and maintenance of infrastructure.
What we're looking for
- Writing both functional requirement documents and guides.
- Extensive experience in a Tech environment with full-stack skills.
- A Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- A desire to continuously learn and develop.
- Experience using API manager tools such as IBM API Manager, AWS API or similar.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Experience with tools such as Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ IDEA, Postman, DbVisualizer or similar, AWS Management Console.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This role will be based in Milton Keynes 2/3 days a week or fully remote.How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.Why Santander?
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.Equal Opportunities
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.