Role title: Cloud Systems & Service Reliability Engineer Role location: Cardiff OR Milton Keynes OR LondonSalary: Competitive + excellent benefits Who are we?
Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable, and surprising - that's where we come in. 118 118 Money is a fast-growing tech enabled disruptor in the financial services market. Our mission is to help our customers handle whatever lands in their path, so they can get back out there and get on.
We hit the ground running in 2013 with our revolutionary unsecured personal loans and credit cards, giving UK residents access to credit at fair and affordable rates that we believe they deserve.
We have offices in Cardiff, Milton Keynes, with our HQ in London, the UK. Our customers teams are based in Manila, the Philippines.Our people
Our people are the heart of our business, this is a theme we all share as we look to build our people capability for the future. We recognise, reward, and celebrate great performance and behaviour. We provide a positive environment for our people to collaborate and thrive. We recruit great talent who share our values and ambition. The opportunity - we promise it's a great one!
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Systems & Service Reliability Engineer to join our Tech team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make a difference. We are learning and growing every day and look for like-minded people who share our ambitions for the future. This is where you come in...
The company's technology landscape is going through an exciting transition and you have a great opportunity in helping to lead in defining the core foundations of a leading Fintech disruptor.
The role will involve assisting in the design of new server and serverless based solutions to provide hybrid cloud based services to a leading financial services business. Responsible delivering a highly scalable and secure cloud based service and for providing all levels of support for incidents and problems whilst technically diagnosing faults and ensuring a prompt restoration of service.
This role can be based in London, Milton Keynes or Cardiff.What you'll need:
What will you be doing?
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline. (May substitute related experience for educational requirement)
- Significant experience in designing, installing and maintaining large scale cloud based systems
- Advanced experience with data center and call center operations
- Experience in the release management life cycle and software automation
- Advanced experience in managing multi domain Active Directory and cloud based infrastructure
- Advanced experience in supporting a 200+ dispersed user base operating 24x7
- Experience in Industry Standard InfoSec and PCI compliant environments
- Experience of Cloud computing, in particular Amazon's AWS cloud based service.
- Experience of working with virtual and serverless systems in the AWS cloud.
- Experience in implementing AWS SAAS solutions including, VPC, ECS, Fargate, S3, Lamda and API Gateway on a large scale.
- Experience of deploying web services to include Apache\NGINX\IIS to handle 000s of concurrent connections.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows 2012 - 2019 administration.
- Experience in supporting Windows 10 and MacOS..
- Experience of enterprise scale data retention and DR best practices.
What's in it for you?
- To work with cloud providers, specifically to integrate corporate and hosted services
- To undertake the design, implementation and support of solutions within a complex multi cloud environment.
- To work with development, application and operations teams to ensure the underlying infrastructure scales as required.
- Assist the data team with storing and securing very large data sets containing confidential financial information.
- Ensure the cloud systems are architected to best practice and recommend changes where required.
- Assist the wider technology group on projects to streamline and optimize the infrastructure.
- Undertake thorough root cause analyses of problems in line with third party vendors where appropriate.
- Assist Release Coordinators in all aspects of the software release process
- Ensure all releases details are communicated to stakeholders
- Monitor systems pre\post release and liaise with operational teams to ensure release success
- Identification of sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences by ongoing monitoring
- Perform system and SAAS installations/upgrades & co-ordinate between development, testing and operations to deliver high quality support following a robust change management processes.
- Perform Patch Administration & co-ordination across all platforms and ensure of protection against malware and zero day exploits.
- Perform and manage disaster recovery plan for all systems and services.
- Perform user management activities at local and remote sites.
- To provide advice and guidance on Linux\Windows\MAC administration and management.
- Provide solutions that meet the requirements of DSS\PCI certification.
- Improvement of Global processes and procedures.
- Interface with senior business leaders.
Like what you've heard? Great - apply now!
- A competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme - if the business does well, you should get rewarded for your hard work
- 25 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) - your balance stars from day 1 so don't delay and start planning your time off!
- Company pension scheme - we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for the future which includes life cover of 4x your base salary
- Cycle to work scheme - you'll have the opportunity to purchase a new bike and pay us back each month
- Eye test - you can claim a freebie each year, or if your needs change
- Private Medical Insurance - for qualifying roles, you will be eligible to join the scheme (subject to the insurer's criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme - we offer membership to a recognised scheme to support you and your wellbeing
- A strong ethos of equality, diversity, and inclusion
As a candidate, we know the interview process can be daunting and so it's important that you have a great experience with us. We will do all we can to make sure you are fully informed, are excited by our story so we get to see the best from you. Following your application, we will want to learn more about you, your motivations, experiences, and values. In turn, you get to learn about our business, our culture, the role and what we can offer you.Equal Opportunity Employer
At 118 118 Money we are passionate about equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to being representative of different cultures, background, lifestyles, and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. It is our policy to treat everyone fairly and to ensure no one is disadvantaged or receives less favourable treatment.How we handle your data
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 12 months to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised. Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements .