Applications are invited for a mechanical design engineer to join a small enthusiastic team to develop mechanical structures for a proof of concept unfolding CubeSat space telescope for Earth Observation applications.
The position, which is supported by funding from the UK Space Agency (UKSA), will be full-time (40 hours per week) for the period Oct 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2022. The successful candidate will be an experienced design engineer with in-depth knowledge of the industry-standard CAD package Solidworks and high-precision mechanical engineering techniques and methods. This project has the opportunity to become a fully implemented UKSA-funded CubeSat mission to tackle climate change.
Responsibilities will include:
· Designing, implementing, and testing mechanisms to support the project with a particular focus on deployment mechanisms (i.e. unfolding mechanisms).
· Taking conceptual designs from other team members and turning them into detailed designs.
· Contributing own conceptual ideas.
· Producing designs with Solidworks.
· Procuring all parts in the designs including standard components and bespoke manufactured parts.
· Leading the assembly of the prototype designs.
S4 is an early-stage start-up company based in Cambridge developing innovative unfolding space telescopes for satellites. S4 is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply send a cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Sep 24th, 2021.