IPG is a clean-tech start up, on a mission to reinvent fuel-based power for the renewable future by accelerating the transition to net-zero carbon fuels.
We are developing the IPG Flameless Generator - a low-cost, pollutant-free, fuel-flexible replacement to the diesel generator. We are currently working with Government agency Highways England to commission the first full-scale prototype and working towards delivering our MVP unit for customer pilot trials in 2022.
As we enter the next stages of commercialisation, we are looking to grow our a small, dynamic and experienced team, passionate about bringing our novel gas turbine technology to market. Job description
We are looking for a dynamic new member of our team to help accelerate our product development by joining our expanding production, assembly, and testing team.
This role of Electromechanical Technician will report into our Head of Production Engineering and Head of Testing, where you will support the build and testing of our power generation technology as we progress from prototype to Minimal Viable Product (MVP).
You will be based at our build and testing site in Hoddesdon, with occasional trips to our head office in Borough, London. Key responsibilities
- Assembly and maintenance of a variety of small and large electro-mechanical assemblies
- Work with design and test engineers to plan, design, and conduct tests and trials of our high-temperature products and sub-assemblies
- To be able to read and interpret electrical/mechanical drawings and general assembly instructions
- Propose and develop modifications/improvements to plant, apparatus, and products
- Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment
- Deliver all products and services in line with quality standards to ensure the company meets customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements
- Using personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day-to-day activities and procedures
- Undertake other duties within the scope and spirit of the job as instructed by Management
- Electrical qualification(s)
- Strong ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Previous experience within an electro-mechanical assembly role
- Adept in the use of hand tools
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues and suppliers alike.
- Must hold a full driving license
- Experience working with general power generators or static facility generators
- Forklift license
- Experience creating and maintaining risk assessments and health and safety standards
- Electrical qualifications required to work with grid interconnects and high voltage systems
- Permanent role of 40 hrs per work, with semi-flexible working available;
- Competitive salary of £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience & qualifications;
- Joining rapidly growing company with excellent opportunities for career progression;
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays;
- Opportunities to gain professional qualifications and training;
- Opportunities for international travel.