Streetbees is building the world's first platform to understand human behaviour and decision making. We make human data accessible, anywhere in the world by connecting brands with real people on the ground to gather real-time in-the-moment insights at scale. We distil this data using machine learning technology to give our clients a clear vision of what their customers want next - supporting the growth of their business.
Having recently raised a $40M Series B investment led by Lakestar with participation from Atomico and Local Globe, our client roster is equally impressive. We work with Unilever, Mars, PepsiCo, L'Oreal, McKinsey, Deloitte, Nestle, Deliveroo, Uber and the BBC to name just a few.
The Data Quality Manager is responsible for the quality control processes we have in place to ensure our data processing or dashboard visualisation is accurate and/or of the highest quality. Sitting within the Quality Assurance pillar of the Operations Department, they will report into the Head of Data Quality and work closely with the Data Processing Managers and the Data Deployment team. Other key internal stakeholders will include the Client Excellence, Machine Learning and Technology teams. They will also manage teams of QA Specialists and be supported by Leads who can help support on day to day tasks.
Each Data Quality Manager will head up one or more of the three key pillars of QA, depending on experience and capacity.
These are as follows:
Approvals - Ensure the work of outsourced teams is high by running internal QA on all user responses to market research surveys. They will need to eliminate fraudulent, irrelevant or low quality responses and proactively brainstorm new ways of working to mitigate this further.
Coding - Ensure all open text responses and photo submission are categorised correctly and all videos are subtitled correctly. They will need to ensure consistency across a coder pool of over 100 and proactively identify low-performing coders.
Dashboards - Ensure all dashboards going to clients are functionally operational. They will need to manage the internal and external teams responsible for this and proactively build out and refine the process.
While retaining overall responsibility for these pillars, the Data Quality Manager will be allocated teams of QA Specialists, supported by Leads, who will largely be executing the QA processes. It is therefore the responsibility of the Data Quality Manager to ensure all QA processes are followed, to the pre-agreed deadlines, and to the highest standards. They will need to train the team, monitor progress and step in as needed to drive projects over the line.Requirements
Key Skills and Attributes
- Oversee one or more of these QA pillars
- Quality control the work of outsourced providers
- Manage teams of QA Specialists reviewing the work of external teams, paying particular attention to relevance, quality and legitimacy of the submissions they have approved
- Provide detailed feedback on errors and share with these external teams
- Monitor progress post-feedback
- Approve the data processing of open text and photo responses
- Project manage the teams responsible for performing QA of the coding team
- Run quality audits on the work of the coder pool and identify high/low performers
- Verify the final delivery of client work through dashboards
- Ensure all dashboards are present data accurately, are operationally functional and give the client best in class usability
- Project manage internal and external teams executing QA processes and certify all processes are followed correctly
- Ensure the efficiency of the team and associated QA processes
- Provide training for all new team members and run periodic knowledge share sessions for all team members
- Measure, monitor and review the performance of your QA Specialists on a regular basis, improve performance levels and capabilities through constructive feedback and recognition of high performance
- Act as the authority on quality of your pillar
- Gain a deep knowledge of all QA processes in your pillar and provide support to the team as a final arbiter or additional resource as needed to drive projects over the line
- Proactively identify areas of QA risk and implement new processes as needed to mitigate
- Plan time and cost budgets for your team, allocating resources as required
- Allocate the hours required of individual team members and ensure this fits within pre-approved budgets
- Create and catalogue weekly and monthly plans of QA resource allocation
- Maintain clear and consistent documentation around the QA processes in your pillar
- Ensure all documents are up-to-date and shared with all team members
- At least two years experience in a similar, data QA role
- Experience managing remote teams
- Meticulous and diligent nature
- Focused on quality and outcomes
- Highly organised
- Keen eye for detail
- Critical thinker
- Proactive attitude
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with Google Suite applications
- Excel/SQL skills a bonus
- Previous resource allocation experience a bonus
- A 24-day paid holiday allowance with the option to roll over up to 3 days per year
- Option to choose between a Mac or a PC (we will send this out via courier a few days before you join!)
- Flexible working hours - we trust people to manage their time and to focus on wider results; We now operate on a rota basis so people have access to the office when they desire some social interaction with their team or, simply, a break from home. We have taken every precaution to keep COVID-19 secure. The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance.
- A pension scheme - our new pension scheme means that Streetbees will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
- The Streetbees Lifestyle Committee - any employee will have the opportunity to plan and manage a variety of Streetbees funded socials and activities for the team. Socials and day outs can involve anything from rock climbing or bowling to company meals or pub crawls.
- Friday Lunch - We all come together for lunch every Friday with a different cuisine each week, paid by the company. Vegetarian and vegan options always provided.
- Office Food - Breakfast is on us every morning and if you need a coffee or a snack at any point throughout the day, please be our guest.
- Friday Catch-ups - Beers, wine, soft drinks and snacks provided as we celebrate the week's successes and welcome newcomers.
- Paid volunteering days - one day per quarter with a registered charity of your choice.
- Audible subscriptions - the company is more than happy to pay for audio-books subscriptions of your choice on Amazon as we encourage wider and continued learning among our team.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yoga - We have Yoga every Tuesday at 6:30pm, both in the office and live on Zoom so you can join in anywhere you like.
- Free drinks in the office!