RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS, SKILLS
The Strategist will work closely with Senior Directors and the entire team to lead the planning and strategy of future and ongoing projects. The role will develop and present strategic and creative marketing and communications recommendations for clients, taking ownership of the process from initial client briefing through to final concepts. The Strategist should also work closely with the implementation team to ensure alignment with the concept's original goals and ensuring any learnings are considered for future planning. Strategy should be seen as the foundation of any creative project and different event formats physical and digital, providing the team with information gleaned from research and analysis from relevant data and opportunities, whilst establishing and measuring goals, KPIs, and OKRs. This will demand a high level of strategic, analytical, and creative thinking, along with wider client, brand, and cultural understanding, and market and trend knowledge. The role relies on building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internal team members across multiple departments (Creative / PR / Digital / Implementation). The overall goal of the Strategist is to achieve success by setting a clear strategic direction for client buy-in, producing understandable guidelines and inspiring colleagues to implement the strategy as effectively as possible, whilst learning from every project.KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:Strategy & Planning
· Lead day-to-day strategy and creative planning for client projects, overseeing initial concept development through to detailed project planning.
· Lead and support future strategy and creative planning, including overarching client marketing strategies, annual project planning.
· Lead internal and external brainstorms, workshops, and planning sessions across multiple departments, to create cohesive integrated campaigns and project concepts
· Collate ideas, data, and research into initial concept ideas, and then work closely with multiple departments to develop initial concepts into detailed concepts, consulting Implementation team on adhering to overarching strategy, and troubleshooting problems and issues.
· Be responsible for clear measurement of marketing activities and use this data to inform strategic and project planning with clear insights and recommendations.
· Develop and manage research projects to guide long term thinking, such as Competitor/Trend analysis, Growth Opportunities, Audience Deep Dives.
· Actively grow your own knowledge on the evolving cultural landscape and help the wider team stay up-to-date on key changes and skills.
· Identifying robust evidence, both from research and analysis, to support proposals and concepts.
· Lead on the creation, oversight and measurement of KPIs as agreed with client.
· Be proficient with a range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and techniques.
· Create presentations that establish a point of view, tell compelling stories, and outline facts and goals.
· React to client and internal feedback to optimise planning and results.
- Coaching and management of junior team members and upwards management of senior colleagues.
- Responsible for day-to-day client communications regarding concepts & planning, ensuring the client is kept informed and is confident of strategic planning.
- Working closely with client to assess, attribute and drive KPI success via marketing activities.
- Create scope of work proposals for client as required, outlining key tasks and deliverables.
· Act as key client contact for a number of market territories, offering consultancy on local marketing activities, encouraging adoption of global initiatives, and reporting updates back to client HQ.
· Where required outside of existing client work, collaborate with senior colleagues on potential New Business opportunities, to develop strategy, approaches, creative ideas, and 'ways in' for prospective client pitches. Requirements
- Marketing and strategy expertise, with 6+ years proven experience.
- Experience in successfully planning and managing multiple, concurrent projects within established timelines.
- Experience in planning and delivering integrated/360-degree marketing campaigns, with an understanding of how all touchpoints can work together to maximise impact, either in a specialized team or agency.
- Fluency in Office programs.
- A strong understanding of the luxury industry.
- Ability to quickly grasp key client information including business model and strategy, products and services offered, and understand issues relating to technologies and general issues facing the industry.
- Excellent writing & presentation skills and a confident presenter.
- Meticulous attention to detail, both aesthetically and organisationally.
- Sound judgement and analytical thinking.
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity, we place a high value on trust & transparency.
- Organised and can multi-task with ease.
- Enthusiastic with a 'can do' mentality and problem-solving approach.
- Business and commercial awareness.
- Engaging, collaborative and adept at building internal and external relationships.
- Flexible, adaptable style and approach.
- Resilient, passionate and energetic.
- Good diplomacy & negotiation skills.
· Full professional proficiency in English (both written and verbal).
· German is an advantage, although not essential.