Role title: Senior Data AnalystRole location: Cardiff OR Milton Keynes OR LondonSalary: Competitive + excellent benefits Who are we?
Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable, and surprising - that's where we come in. 118 118 Money is a fast-growing tech enabled disruptor in the financial services market. Our mission is to help our customers handle whatever lands in their path, so they can get back out there and get on.
We hit the ground running in 2013 with our revolutionary unsecured personal loans and credit cards, giving UK residents access to credit at fair and affordable rates that we believe they deserve.
We have offices in Cardiff, Milton Keynes, with our HQ in London, the UK. Our customers teams are based in Manila, the Philippines.Our people
Our people are the heart of our business, this is a theme we all share as we look to build our people capability for the future. We recognise, reward, and celebrate great performance and behaviour. We provide a positive environment for our people to collaborate and thrive. We recruit great talent who share our values and ambition. The opportunity - we promise it's a great one!
We are looking for Senior Data Analyst to join our Commercial Team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make a difference. We are learning and growing every day and look for like-minded people who share our ambitions for the future. To support our rapid growth, we are building up our analytical capabilities, this is where you come in...
You will partner with industry-leading experts to work on many aspects of the credit lifecycle of unsecured consumer lending portfolios. You will work on analyzing, reporting and improving data from customer acquisition, management, collections and financial reporting.
You will be a key team member in future projects and will play a role in understanding business requirements, analytical solution design, data extraction and manipulation, results analysis, MI reporting and ongoing support.
This role can be based in London, Milton Keynes or Cardiff.What you'll need:
· Experienced user of SQL, ideally MS SQL Server but other similar RDBMS are desirable.
· Financial services experience desirable.
· Proficient using Excel.
· An aptitude for getting to the bottom of a particular problem, breaking it apart and understanding it, before designing and implementing a solution
· Ability to work in an fast paced environment
· Self-motivated and ability to operate independently while being flexible to adapt to changeWhat you will be doing?
What's in it for you?
- Create and maintain database solutions and reporting to provide insight across the customer base making recommendations to improve existing processes where necessary.
- Maintain existing data warehouse for internal customers across the finance, acquisitions, collections and customer management teams.
- Utilise advanced analytics and big data across multiple sources to enhance insight for key business stakeholders
- Build and develop capability within the organization to design, monitor and enhance exception reporting.
- Help design, prototype, deliver and maintain quality reports using Power BI.
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to deliver a wide range of projects.
- Maintain and develop existing financial reporting suite, database procedures and ETL packages.
- Work closely with the finance and analytics team to ensure data accuracy.
Like what you've heard? Great - apply now!
- A competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme - if the business does well, you should get rewarded for your hard work
- 25 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) - your balance stars from day 1 so don't delay and start planning your time off!
- Company pension scheme - we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for the future which includes life cover of 4x your base salary
- Cycle to work scheme - you'll have the opportunity to purchase a new bike and pay us back each month
- Eye test - you can claim a freebie each year, or if your needs change
- Private Medical Insurance - for qualifying roles, you will be eligible to join the scheme (subject to the insurer's criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme - we offer membership to a recognised scheme to support you and your wellbeing
- A strong ethos of equality, diversity, and inclusion
As a candidate, we know the interview process can be daunting and so it's important that you have a great experience with us. We will do all we can to make sure you are fully informed, are excited by our story so we get to see the best from you. Following your application, we will want to learn more about you, your motivations, experiences, and values. In turn, you get to learn about our business, our culture, the role and what we can offer you.Equal Opportunity Employer
At 118 118 Money we are passionate about equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to being representative of different cultures, background, lifestyles, and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. It is our policy to treat everyone fairly and to ensure no one is disadvantaged or receives less favourable treatment.How we handle your data
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 12 months to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised. Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements .