BSO is a global provider of network services including direct interconnection to all major cloud providers, IX remote peering, low latency high-speed point-to-point/multipoint capacity, metro and DWDM in major cities, enterprise business IP, BGP transit, and colocation to enterprises and carriers.
The NOC Team Leader positon is a critical role within BSO. It has a direct, influential, and active role in providing the high level of NOC troubleshooting, customer service, and satisfaction expected by our customers.
The primary role of this position is to have direct leadership responsibilities for our 24/7 NOC function, also include providing NOC coverage and customer support. Core Responsibilities
- Maintain NOC 24/7 rota to ensure effective, and appropriate, cover at all times
- Provide leadership of NOC staff thereby ensuring a driven and high performing team
- Ownership of individual staff training and development plans within a SMART approach ensuring all staff have the required skills to meet, and excel, in departmental and individual goals
- Ensure NOC team operate with high level of customer service, ensuring high levels of Quality customer communication in line with, and beyond, developed SLAs / KPIs
- Ensure NOC team have the tools, knowledge, and attitude, to provide a high level of troubleshooting and design approach, appropriate to the environment
- Oversee day-to-day NOC operations, customer and team escalations, handovers, and ticket / workload management in line with company policies and processes
- Change Management for internal / external changes and planned works
- Responsible for Major Incident Management / Incident Management adherence, including appropriate internal / external escalations
- Ensure accurate and effective knowledge management within company systems and knowledgebase
- Coordinate efforts to identify root cause and recommend solutions for all appropriate Major Incidents, ensuring all required action points are logged and have associated owners
- Identify process and efficiently improvements, highlighting recommendations and ensuring staff training and adherence
- Generating required, and applicable, customer reporting requirements
- Be our customers' central point of contact, from initial query to final resolution. Providing excellent communication and customer service skills throughout.
- Proactively manage and troubleshoot all customer reported issues to a high standard.
- Operate within defined Incident Management, Change Management, and Service Request processes to support and provide our customers to a high standard
- Build up key customer relationships, develop an ongoing rapport and build trust in our company.
- Investigate technical faults up to skill level, requesting assistance from other technical engineers whilst retaining full ownership to resolution.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed audit of all actions and communications within our customer facing call logging system
- Escalate complex issues to appropriate teams or to any third parties in a professional and timely manner ensuring incidents are kept within strict SLA timescales.
- Help ensure accurate and detailed information of our global network is maintained within company systems
- Seek continuous improvement on both a personal and departmental operating process levels.
- Assist in training, development, and knowledge-sharing with other members of the BSO team
What Can We Offer?
- Strong, appropriate, and structured troubleshooting skills
- Experience or working within a support / troubleshooting network environment: firewalls / security, routing and switching (BGP, OSPF, MPLS [LDP/RSVP], SDH, DWDM, VLANs, etc...). Ideally to have experience of Juniper, Extreme, also beneficial to have exposure to Fortinet, and Coriant/Infinera networking equipment.
- Understanding and experience of ITIL working practices and framework
- Strong co-operative and teambuilding skills
- Outstanding customer service, written, and verbal communication skills - with an ability to instil the same into peers, and team members
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, third parties, and members of our team
- Strong organisational skills, with a logical and through approach
- Ability to handle complex, and pressured, situations with a calm and structured approach
- Strong ability in staff development, engagement, and training
- Appropriate understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols such as 802.1Q, OSPF and BGP
- Understanding of Internet Exchanges, Tier 1 providers, and Cloud.
- Experience of working with data centre providers.
- Must have a flexible and positive attitude with the ability to thrive within a strong and engaged team.
- A driving license would be desirable.
- Competitive base salary
- Separate on-call allowance, based on operational rota
- Option to access BUPA private healthcare
- 25 Days holiday (+bank holidays)
- 1 Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Career progression
- Based between home and office