Location London/Hybrid (couple of days per week from our office by Blackfrairs)
Converge digitises and optimises the physical world of construction by building AI and cloud-based technologies that are powered by our suite of smart wireless sensors.
We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to join and support our growing team! You will report directly to the CFO and help our Finance department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions. Our ideal candidate has a few years of experience in a similar role and wants the opportunity to take the next step where they can take on projects and improve the function. It is a role where there is an opportunity to develop your skillset quickly and take charge of additional areas such as reporting as we continue to grow.
The role could be full time or part time with flexible working depending on what suits the ideal candidate.About Us
We're a small but ever-growing team of 35+ members, based at our London HQ. We have a global outlook, counting 15 nationalities (and even more languages!) among us. As a team, we are passionate about cutting-edge digital innovation, and we're driven by the opportunity to make a major impact on an industry that is ripe for disruption. We are looking for sharp, intrinsically motivated people to join us on our mission to build the future more efficiently, safely, and sustainably.About you!
As a start-up, it's all hands on deck. Everyone rolls up their sleeves to GSD (Get S*** Done) and there will always be interesting problems to solve. Ask yourself, will you thrive in this type of environment?
- You are intrinsically motivated Mission and impact are important to you.
- You are excited by big challenges, and by creating something new.
- You are hungry to learn and share knowledge.
- You can accept when you're wrong and are humble enough to learn from your mistakes.
Our employees have a meaningful impact on the direction of the company and its mission Shaping our best practices, influencing the future of our products, and adding to the culture as Converge continues to grow.Your Professional Experience Should Include
- 2+ years work experience in accounting in roles such as Accounting Assistant or Bookkeeper
- Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures, experience with AP & AR & GL
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Good maths skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software (e.g. Xero)
This role is a pivotal one for the team, it reports directly to the CFO, but will also involve developing close working relationships with sales, operations, and other parts of the business. Key responsibilities will include
- Working with sales to issue and reconcile invoices
- Management of supplier invoices and preparation of bank payments
- Support timely month-end financial close, including journal entries, cost allocations, and accruals
- Prepare and file payroll documents
- Employee expense processes
- Management of VAT returns
- Supporting annual audits
- 25 days of annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (33 days total)
- We close over the end-of-year holidays (so everyone can spend time with loved ones).
- Flexible working options (depending on the team).
- Enhanced Parental Leave.
- A centrally located office in London, (Blackfriars)
- Open communication across departments.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A safe and open-minded culture.
- Regular company outings and events. E.g. Craft Beer Fridays
- We are always looking for new ways to make Converge an energizing place to work.
Learn more about our team, benefits and perks on our website!
We care about diversity on our team so we check our job descriptions for gender bias http //gender-decoder.katmatfield.com/
Agency note any unsolicited CVs or profiles sent to us will be viewed as gifts and will not be considered liable for a fee. We are only working with agencies on our PSL and are not looking to make any additions. Thank you.