Networking, Cloud and DevOps Engineer - London£72,000 to £92,000 per annum
, depending on experienceOverview.
Scale up and develop your career as a Networking and DevOps engineer in our unique environment, supported by the UK Government's Innovate UK program, as we strive to do our bit for a greener future. The Networking, Cloud and DevOps Engineer will be joining a fast-moving team working to advance the state-of-the-art in electrical power system monitoring, analysis and control.What drives us?
Achieving net zero requires a much more efficient, low carbon electric power system, increasingly powered by renewable energy. Neuville Grid Data is developing digital infrastructure technology that, coupled with advanced analytics, will enable the renewable energy and electrical power sectors to improve the performance of their assets thanks to forefront, high-resolution data.Location.
London, United KingdomCore responsibilities.
In this role, you will hold primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of cloud infrastructure, including managing any updates and redesign to continually scale with the business' needs. You will also be responsible for ensuring seamless networking operation of Neuville's proprietary high-performance electrical network instrumentation and its integration with the cloud environment as well as proposing and leading any hardware and cloud related changes. Day-to-day activities
- Cloud monitoring, maintenance and migration to AWS;
- Configuring, deploying and troubleshooting cloud and local servers to interface with a large, distributed IoT sensor network;
- Provisioning and management of high reliability fielded hardware for unattended operation;
- Employing good CI/CD, network security and software review practices to support deployments.
- Cellular network troubleshooting and management of Starlink and LEO-satellite comms integration;
- Edge computing configuration, application, service containerisation and deployment;
- Working collegiately with internal, academic and industry team partners and collaborators;
- Documenting design development for technical and innovation purposes.
Head of Hardware Research and DevelopmentDesired skills and experience
- 4+ years of experience administering and maintaining DevOps related tools (AWS/GCP/Azure, Docker, CI/CD with Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform);
- Network Engineering experience working with Layer 2 protocols, Layer 3 networking with IP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP and MPLS;
- Experience with setup & management of unattended Linux installations;
- Experience with secure VPN provisioning and user/device management;
- Experience with establishing and maintaining multi-path, multi-method, secure data telemetry considered a plus;
- Experience with 3G/4G/5G cellular technologies.
Salary and Benefits.
- Professional AWS Certification or equivalent, and CCNA (CCNP desirable);
- Strong project management skills, organised and methodical.
£72,000 to £92,000 DOE, generous leave allowance plus performance share options available to the right candidate.The candidate should have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.