Northwich / Manchester Airport
THG is one of the world's fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles - no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About The Role
The Credit Controller role is accountable for the day to day Credit Control of Sales Ledgers within THG.
This involves timely and accurate B2B debt collection and sales orders and risk management in line with group credit policy.
The role is cross-functional with Credit Control Transaction Team, AP, Finance and other THG internal functions such as Sales and requires the ability to fully support the Credit Management in ensuring all monthly schedules are completed on time, including any reporting information that may be required.
- Managing Specific Ledgers for businesses within the overall Group Structure
- Actively chasing overdue debtors for payment
- Working with the relevant Sales Divisions to provide Customer support
- Provide Excellent Customer Service
- Providing reporting information for Weekly Individual and Group Team Dashboards
- Supporting Month End Reporting and closedown procedures
- Working to Team and Individual Targets
- Sales Insurance administration
- Customers' disputes resolution
- Manage customers' held orders timely and efficiently to support business growth
- A high-volume shared service environment would be desirable
- Proven track record of high performance and Credit Control experience
- Instil a responsive 'right first time' approach
- Good telephone skills
- Good Cash collection techniques
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Another European Language is a plus
- Understanding of Basic Credit Control Practices
- Basic Understanding of credit insurance policies
- Confident of communicating by Telephone or email
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive 'Can-Do' Attitude
- Previous Credit Control role experience in a fast-paced, multi-functional, Finance environment
- Office IT literate, preferably with advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience of working in a Shared Service centre
- Sage or other ERP system's knowledge