*Applications by email ONLY (Linkedin applications not accepted)*
Learning By Heart is an initiative with 2 principal goals: to provide children and adults in the UK with accessible educational support, while in turn helping to widen access to education for young people across the world.
We provide online classes in a wide range of subjects, run by volunteer tutors, in exchange for pay-as-you-feel donations to educational charities. Classes are delivered remotely using videoconferencing platforms, so we are able to reach pupils all over the country. Currently, our profits are split 50/50 between CAMFED (the Campaign for Female Education), who work to increase the accessibility of and revolutionise girls' education in Sub-Saharan Africa, and ECW (Education Cannot Wait), who tackle education provision in humanitarian crises.
Learning By Heart is currently run by a management team of 6 volunteers. However, as the organisation grows and the responsibilities increase, we are looking to expand the team. We are looking for a new enthusiastic and reliable volunteer funding and sponsorship officer!
- Search and apply for relevant grants and sponsorship opportunities
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners, businesses and networks, which may include:
- Sponsorship of core funding costs (such as DBS checks and safeguarding training for tutors, website and advertising costs)
- Provision of group language classes in exchange for donations
- Any other nature of partnership which you may see fit
- Contribute to the development of income and expenditure budgets and to monitor and report regularly on individual events budgets/profits and the future projection of LBH
- Plan, support and deliver additional fundraising events, campaigns or activities. In the past this has included webinars led by university societies, Q&As for students and interactive language events
- Attend bi-weekly team meetings, via Zoom.
The role and its responsibilities will evolve as the organisation grows. This is a very flexible role and most activities can be completed whenever you have the time making it a perfect volunteer role alongside other commitments.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining your experience and reasons for wanting to volunteer with our organisation to email@example.com .
For more information about our organisation, please visit our website: https://www.learningbyheart.info/