Senior Linux EngineerAbout TransUnion:
TransUnion UK provides the data, analytics and software that enable businesses to build more valuable customer relationships.
We specialise in managing consumer data for businesses across every sector. We focus on developing innovative products and services that help businesses make smarter and more informed decisions throughout the customer lifecycle.
We're TransUnion and we believe in Information for GoodAbout the Role:
The successful Senior Linux Engineer will come aboard to assist the Platform & Infrastructure Delivery Team engaging with the IT project effort and carrying out the technical delivery of quality infrastructure services for Transunion UK. This will be done through the application of 3rd/4th line support of all aspects of Infrastructure, professional knowledge, best practices and Proof of Concept methods. This will be a specialisation in environments based on the Linux Platform.Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- Investigating and resolving errors
- Member of the On Call support team providing out of hours technical support for major incidents
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for process control/improvements and testing to ensure products/systems are free of flows and function as designed.
- Designs, tests and/or implements products or systems.
What's in it for you?
- Experience working on Redhat Enterprise operating systems
- Previous experience in Platform build and automation of Linux platforms
- Able to use Ansible to automate apps and IT infrastructure
- Bash, Perl and Shell Scripting experience
- Experience with Redhat Satellite
- We've love experience with AWS and Azure however this is not essential - you will get the opportunity to work it though!
At TransUnion you will be joining a friendly, forward thinking global business.
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) a generous contributory pension scheme, private health care and a host of other employee lifestyle benefits.
We take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously; our TU Good Works scheme supports communities around the world by advancing financial inclusion and education.Remote Interview & Hiring Process
Protecting the health and wellness of our colleagues and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. Our recruitment and on-boarding experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and on-boarding experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.