Azure Data Engineer
Stable Resources has partnered with a well-established UK-based company providing a multitude of analytics and application development services, coupled with cloud and managed services to business customers and leading technology partners throughout the world. My client's core lines of business are: B2B Computing and Cloud Services.
This includes UK wide end-user analytics solution deployment for many major corporate organisations. In addition to providing services to organisations, my client has also successfully partnered with major technology vendors in delivering large scale deployment and support services throughout the UK for analytics solutions.
Data engineering success will be measured on successful implementation of the Microsoft Azure Data Engineering stack based on customer requirements matching project budgets and timescales. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be joining an established business with growth aspirations underpinned by a mature sales engagement strategy.
Ideally, you will have customer facing experience in creating end to end Azure Data Engineering solutions for a range of industry sectors and business applications. Experience of ThoughtSpot, Cognos, TM1, Tableau, Qlik, AWS Cloud, Support as well as the Microsoft Stack will be a distinct advantage. What will you do?
The Azure Data Engineer will work within the Consulting team to deliver a variety of client services on the Microsoft Stack. Working on new data projects or enhancing a solution estate you will be designing, developing and deploying solutions on the Azure data stack across a wide range of client industries and business disciplines. Reporting to the Operations Director the successful candidate will take on projects from a prepared Statement of Work through the full development life cycle and advise internal and external stake holders on any Risks, Project Quality or Project Timeline items arising from the development project. The successful candidate will assist in all levels of planning and execution of Azure Data Engineering projects.
- Prepare, input in subject matter expertise for Project Statements of Work.
- Undertake necessary planning, design, development, and deployment activities using Microsoft Stack.
- Update and input in project plans.
- Keep abreast of changing and new versions of Azure Data stack.
- Record consulting time accurately and timely in to Assimil8 in house timesheets systems.
- Expose data to end users using PowerBI, Azure API apps and other platforms.
- Design and build modern data pipelines and data streams.
- Act as a BI solution architect and Dimensional modeller to design robust, secure and supportable data solutions to meet client requirements.
- Support departmental teams such as Sales and Support teams with any client specific requests.
- Undertake appropriate technical certifications, exams on vendor toolsets.
- At least 2 years' experience in data engineering, ideally using Azure Data Factory, SQL, Cosmos DB, Power BI, SSAS
- Experience of data visualisation using Power BI, SAS VA and Power Pivot
- Experience of dimensional and relational data modelling
- Experience of delivering end to end BI solution from requirements, design to delivery
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps or similar tools
- Data Integrations using Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks and APIs
- Data Repositories in SQL Server and Analysis Services
- Storytelling, Reports and Data Visualisations using Microsoft Power BI, and or other.
- Data Modelling, SQL and Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions.
You will need to be based in UK with valid up to date driving license and passport, able travel throughout the UK and potentially abroad.