Structural Design Consultancy in the heart of the city requires a structural Revit Technician to join their medium sized team. Their workload is very busy, and they have been continually expanding throughout the recession. Challenging buildings projects with an architectural focus. RIBA award winning firm. Excellent staff retention rate and up and coming firm continuing to grow. Confident they have one of the best order books in London!
They work on London high end projects ranging from £250,000 to £100m and pride themselves on engineering excellence. Much of their business is repeat clients due to the exceptional service they offer.
You will be joining a well-established team of technicians and BIM modellers. You should be a senior Revit user who can work on existing projects as well as taking on new work and being the project lead.
The consultancy aims to provide specialist structural engineering solutions to private residential clients, speculative developers, architects, contractors, and public sector bodies including councils and housing associations.
They specialises in structurally challenging, architecturally stimulating, new build and refurbishment work including period and listed buildings. Their current portfolio of work includes projects in all of the following public and private sectors: Residential (Private & Social), Education, Retail, Leisure, Commercial and Interiors.
The practice ethos is to provide innovative and cost-effective design solutions to ensure architectural intent is achieved. A director is involved in every project irrespective of size or value ensuring a well-managed 'hands on' service to all clients. They pride themselves on being commercially and architecturally aware and believe our brand of engineering can enhance any project.
You must be able to demonstrate varied buildings structural Revit experience - UK experience essential and preferably London based. Excellent communication skills are essential.
Responsible for the delivery of technical drawings in timely and accurate manner and sharing technical experience with the Technical Team
· Competent, talented technician.
· Good communication skills
· Good diplomatic / political understanding.
· Good inter-personal / social skills
· Broad ranging experience.
· Good organisational skills
· Provide a mentoring role for more junior technicians
· Attend client meetings with the appropriate engineer.
· Active participation on ongoing bi-weekly Technician Meetings
· Time management of workload
· Sharing technical knowledge amongst technical staff.
· Commitment to continued professional development.
· Customers focused and manage expectations in line with the lead engineer.
· Commitment to quality and producing technical information in line with the CAD manual.
· Assist with the preparation of drawings and sketches to relay project requirements
· Record and file all technical information in line with the CAD Manual.
· Provide general project support including site surveys, visits, attendance of site meetings, project meeting and assist with site inspections.
· Achieving pre-agreed delivery dates
· Communicate articulately and clearly to architects design teams and teams on site.