Engineering Manager- Competitive Salary- Wellington, SomersetThe Role
Are you a successful leader with an ability to motivate a team? Do you possess a minimum of 5 years' experience working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, coupled with managerial experience? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are an international packaging supplier, looking to appoint an Engineering Manager to join our state-of-the-art corrugated manufacturing facility in Wellington.
The successful candidate will work closely with the site operations team and take full operational accountability for the engineering function, managing a group of talented engineers to ensure a smooth 24/7 operation throughout the site, covering all things from Planned Preventative Maintenance to high profile projectsKey Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of an Engineering Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Full management of the Engineering function, including people management & development, performance & KPIs, department budget, and all operational activities.
- To be an active member of the site management team, contributing to the site's KPIs and overall performance.
- To provide leadership and vision within Engineering, evolving an efficient and operationally excellent environment which promotes continuous improvement, empowerment, motivation, participation and team working that allows employees to develop to their maximum potential.
- To lead and remain actively involved in lean/continuous improvement activities across the site, introducing leading edge engineering tools and techniques.
- To manage projects through to successful conclusion, whether smaller scale upgrades, or full machine installs.
- To ensure the engineering team remain of the highest calibre, encouraging ongoing learning and development.
- To ensure housekeeping remains at the highest standard throughout the site.
- To ensure excellent factory relations and efficient supplier relationships, whilst managing selected suppliers to ensure best technical and quality performance.
- Support customer and supplier visits when required.
- Minimise waste to within the company budgeted figure.
VPK Packaging is an international supplier of corrugated packaging with more than 6,400 employees in 70 locations across 20 countries. In the UK we have six specialist sites producing high quality sustainable packaging. At Wellington we have a "state of the art" production facility which enables us to provide the high level of service expected from our customers.
Our employees' passion for the job is our company's biggest asset, because we believe that true innovation always starts from within. The development and welfare of our employees is key to the ongoing success of our business.The Person
The key skills and qualities of an Engineering Manager are:
- Educated to a good standard or equivalent in Engineering.
- An analytical thinker with a structured approach.
- Persuasive, improvements focused and results driven.
- Concerned about standards and thrive off challenges and accountability.
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience of leading a team/ people management.
- Experience of SAP desirable.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.