Feefo is passionate about reviews; review insights help brands improve their service and products, and helps consumer make informed decisions. Every day Feefo collects thousands of reviews for thousands of brands; this demands that our software is highly performant, scalable and resilient.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us create a best in class experience for our market leading SaaS product.
A Software Engineer at Feefo works in a development squad and reports to a Chapter Lead Engineer. The Chapter Lead Engineer provides mentoring and guidance for personal development, knowledge of the application estate and the adoption of coding standards and practices.Key Responsibilities
Software engineers work within an agile squad, adhering to the team's agile methodologies and development principles, translating requirements into performant and scalable solutions, always striving for continuous improvement. You will also be responsible for
- Providing software support, maintenance, improvements, and bug fixes, as these will always be necessary in such a large complex system.
- Writing and maintaining unit tests.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation, both as inline code comments and as knowledge sharing documents for use by peers.
- Close collaboration with the Cloud Infrastructure Team with joint responsibility for DevOps functions such as configuration management, CI and monitoring
2-3 years of commercial experience in either or both of the following, or the ambition and determination to master the other proficiencyFront end
- Rest APIs and object orientated language, preferably Java 8 or higher. Working with databases, both relational/SQL and No-SQL. Spring development. Micro-services - docker, Kubernetes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline.
- Experience in source version control, ideally Git.
- Experience within cloud based services, ideally Google Cloud Platform is beneficial.
- You should be a team player and able to collaborate with colleagues across teams, identifying areas for continual improvement.
- Private Healthcare
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days holiday + additional paid x2 days holiday for volunteering (charity work)
- Onsite exercise classes
- Eyecare vouchers
- Pension scheme