Electronics Lab Technician JOB SPECIFICATION
We are looking for a permanent Electronics Lab Technician to join an exciting client. As an Electronics Lab Technician you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects; from Electric Vehicles and Super Cars to Microwave Ovens.
You must be highly skilled in all PCB rework related tasks and have a good understanding of IPC level 3 and deliver to that standard or higher. Feel confident in communicating with engineers and carrying out any necessary improvements and support the PMs in any changes needed.What you'll be doing
What you must have 80% of
- Carry out delicate component level modifications on a variety of PCBs, track repairs using enamel coated fine wire and SMD component removal including sizes 1206, 0805, 0603, 0403, 0201, SOT, SOIC, QFP, BGA, etc.
- Carry out mechanical modifications on all types of housings, metal and plastic material and advice 3rd parties on how to perform such mechanical tasks if needed. Other mechanical tasks may need to be performed depending on the hardware project.
- Design and assemble of test boxes and harness
- Assembling of prototypes
- Execution of environmental test plans, cases and reports following industry standards
- Execution of EMC test plans, cases and reports following industry standards
- Creation of characterization and validation test procedures
- System and software integration
- System and software maintenance
- System BOM reviews
- Laboratory maintenance, ensuring organization and tooling conservation
- Laboratory Inventory management, ensuring components count is up to date
- Laboratory Inventory management, ensuring availability of components and tooling for ongoing projects
- Laboratory Inventory management, ensuring all goods inwards/out are booked in and tracked
Things we value
- Experienced in using a variety of crimp tolls and soldering equipment, they currently use Metcal and Weller soldering equipment including a hot plate and hot air pencil with a benchtop extraction and a Leica microscope to help with the small delicate work
- The business requires harnesses and test boxes to be built for most of our hardware projects, so a good understanding from a systems point of view is valuable and to be able to design the harness drawings
- Certification in engineering or electronics
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Microsoft office skills: excel, power point, word...
- Knowledge about procurement within the electronics market
- Good communications skills to allow successful communication with engineers from different domains with different experience levels
- Ability to independently take on and manage tasks/small projects through to completion.
- Good organizational and time management skills