Cigna has a strategic priority to become a data driven business, through improvement of our data eco-system, and the usage of advanced data analytic capabilities. Data and its management is a key enabler in understanding customer needs and delivering improved services for Customers.
As Data Governance Specialist, you will take a lead role in the governance of data, by building new capabilities for managing and monitoring data policy across our Cigna International Markets. You will be responsible for implementing a data governance framework, which includes deploying and embedding key data governance policies and standards. Good data governance drives good data management practices in the Business and Programme teams. This will include advising on data policy and data through its lifecycle, and the measurement of maturity against those policies.
You will work closely between policy, technology and business teams, and interact equally with the Data Analytics teams and data teams. Additional key stakeholders include Analytics, IT, Data Office, Data Privacy, Information Protection, Compliance & Risk Management functions to ensure appropriate data governance is implemented throughout our business practices.
You will be part of the International Markets Data & Analytics Team, one whose markets stretch from UK and Europe through to Asia and New Zealand, and will report into the Head of Data Governance.You are energised by :
Main Duties / Responsibilities :
- The opportunity that democratised data can bring, and its ability to enable delivery of business value
- Being passionate about creating and driving adoption of new foundational data management capabilities
- Creating and maturing a data culture and literacy across our business
- Investing in stakeholder engagement and adoption, through building lasting relationships
- Managing both a high level thinking and a pragmatic on-the-ground doing.
Skills / Qualities :
- Take a lead role in the influence, facilitation and management of data governance policies and standards, working with Business data stewards, establishing the concept of data ownership and accountability for data.
- Socialise and implement the data governance framework into market teams, support the definition and execution of appropriate data governance processes and policy
- Take a lead role in influencing the adoption of data governance practices into the Business and Program teams
- Monitor adherence to data policies and standards, governing any potential policy deviations, escalating where necessary
- Create, manage and promote the use of common data assets, such as data policy, business glossary, reference data, data catalogue, data models ...
- Create and promote data quality management capabilities
- Drive the change and uplift of data culture and data literacy across our business
- Facilitate and participate in data governance forums, for agreed escalations and decisions
- Work with the internal Risk, Compliance and Audit teams to ensure appropriate controls on data management are implemented into business operations
- Act as an expert resource when dealing with 3rd parties e.g. auditors, vendors, regulators
- Instil thought-leadership throughout the data governance community, ensuring we are operating as a smart, learning team, driving best practice with pragmatic delivery.
- Keep abreast of best practice market place tools and services
Qualifications Required :
- You'll need 7+ years' previous experience in data management, gained across data governance, data quality mgt, data standards mgt, reference data mgt, and data privacy mgt disciplines
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to influence both Business and Technology stakeholders at all levels
- A track record of translating business requirements and needs into prioritised capabilities
- Possess knowledge of the interdependencies of Business and IT functions in relation to data management
- Resilience and ability to drive momentum
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience at the intersection of customer, risk and compliance, in the context of 'risks related to data' events
- Strong analytical skills with regard to data management
- Hands-on experience of cloud, AWS, Collibra and IBM Infosphere / Cloudpak technologies.
- Essential: University degree in a related discipline.
- Desired: Data Management certification, e.g. DAMA, IAIDQ, or similar.