MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUTE TO WATFORD 5x A WEEK
· This is a fulltime, 3-month contract with the option to go permanent afterwards.
The Application Project Manager will deliver multiple assigned projects or a programme of projects within time, budget, and performance. Responsible for stakeholder management, particularly senior executive stakeholders, including managing communications with regular and timely updates and status as required. Responsible for leading and coordinating business and implementation activities within his or her assigned scope for an assigned project within a country or region. Responsible for coordinating the assignment of resources, activities, and planning to their assigned projects.
Ultimately looking for someone who is used to leading a large team, working on multiple projects at one time with multiple different software. Someone who has done it before and is able to come in and can confidently jump in feet first.Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Skills and knowledge's required
- An Application Project Manager will have a working knowledge of the following:
- Managed several projects delivering business transactional applications/systems preferably across all elements of system development lifecycle including analysis, scoping, design, development, testing, deployment, data cleansing, data migration, training and post go-live support and transition to business as usual
- Managing the integration of project outputs into business-as-usual, addressing the readiness of users, compatibility of work systems and the realisation of benefits
- Planning and controlling finances of projects as a means of driving performance and as part of overall financial management
- Gathering independent evidence that the information from projects is valid and that projects are likely to achieve their aims
- Recommending how financial and other resources should be allocated amongst change initiatives to optimise the business' return on investment
What You Need to Do Now
- Proven and demonstrable 3+ years application development and deployment project management experience essential
- Proficient and demonstrable experience of project planning processes, techniques and disciplines in project management tools and methodologies, such as Prince2, APM, PMI and MS Project
- Demonstrable experience in producing project plans for efficient deployment of technical solutions showing the deliverables, timelines, benefits and dependencies.
- Developed and proven stakeholder management, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Owns and resolves escalated project issues
- Ability to understand and manage multiple project risks dealing with uncertainty, whilst being proactive and forward-looking
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- In depth knowledge of strategic business objectives, drivers and complex organisational designs
- Proven and demonstrable change management experience.
- Experience of leading large teams of 25 people plus
- Experience of leading projects with a budget of £1.5m upwards
- Awareness of IT infrastructure development and maintenance methods, tools and techniques
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.Location
UK based- Must be able to commute to Watford 5 days a weekSeniority Level
Mid- levelEmployment Type
Full-time, 3-month ContractJob Functions
Competitive day rate and dependent of experienceStart Date
As soon as possible