Company DescriptionEurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 yearsJob Description
As a Software Developer for Eurofins Food and Water Testing UK you will develop software solutions for the business. You will be working on our best in class customer facing B2B web application as well as mobile solutions and internal applications.
You will work with a range of technologies such as ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Core MVC, Web API, Azure, Android and iOS. You will be working as part of an agile team utilising the latest and best technologies. You should enjoy learning new technologies as we innovate in many areas such as cloud computing, machine learning and data science. Training opportunities will be provided for new technology.
This position is ideal for a developer early on in the career, who wants to kick on to the next level, working as part of an exciting team and gain exposure to a wide range of technology.
The IT Solutions team pride ourselves on delivering exciting and innovative solutions, working with a wide-range of solutions, frameworks and technologies to deliver these solutions. You will get exposure to new projects and will be encourage to help us innovate.
The role is located in Wolverhampton. This position reports to the Software Development Team Lead for Eurofins Food and Water Testing UK & Ireland.Key Duties As Software Developer Include
- Keep up to date with industry changes and keep innovating with new solutions and platforms. Staying on the leading edge of development practices and technologies.
- Developing and writing code to our coding standards
- Testing and taking responsibility for work carried out
- Develop, test and implement B2B applications to add value and provide solutions to our customers
- Problem solving and bug fixing
- Actively learning new or unfamiliar technologies
- Working with the business to understand requirements
- Adding value to our solutions
- Play an active part in development and scoping of solutions
QualificationsKey Skills And Requirements
Additional Desirable Skills
- Good problem solving ability
- A passion for technology
- At least 2 years development experience in C#
- 1 year of ASP.NET MVC or ASP.NET Core MVC experience
- Experience writing web applications
- Knowledge of front end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JQuery and Bootstrap
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Understanding of source control (TFS, git etc.)
- Understanding of relational database technologies such as SQL Server
- Understanding/knowledge of MSTest or equivalent
- Azure DevOps
- React Redux
- Native mobile development (iOS and Android
Additional InformationYour Data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.Closing Date
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.