This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a busy Engineering department within a well-established factory that incorporates a brand new facility. The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and will have AutoCad experience as well as Engineering and Project Management experience. You will be focused on continuous improvement and you will be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and controlling multiple projects at multiple locations simultaneously, including both preliminary construction and commissioning. You will have excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with a strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of process and electrical controls. This role will involve regular travel to other UK sites, as well as internationally. The Role
- Developing and managing projects of different scale by leading cross-functional teams with internal and external resources including plant personnel, equipment suppliers, and building design & construction teams.
- Drafting scope of work, preliminary budgets, project schedules, detailed cost estimates, equipment specifications, drawings and sketches, bid documents, and tabulation of supplier proposals for management and client approval.
- Managing projects keenly to deliver a project on time, within budget, and of great quality.
- Developing engineering applications that enhance capacity, productivity and technology for manufacturing, packaging, and distribution.
- Involvement in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Management, engineering and project management experience.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Experience & Knowledge of delivering CI activities
- Excellent communication skills; must be fluent in English at a Technical level
- Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills
- Professional manner with a "can do" approach
· Reliable and methodical
· Calm under pressure
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
· Ability to understand and adhere to company procedures and health and safety regulationsExperience / Knowledge / Skills Desirable:
- Previous experience leading and delivering multiple projects on time, within budget, and of great quality.
- Experienced in food manufacturing. bakery, condiments, or dry blending equipment
- Knowledge of unity MRP/ERP system
- Experienced in health & safety and food safety regulations
- Previous factory/system acceptance testing, equipment/line commissioning, and machine testing experience
- Appreciation of HSWA 1974, CE (UK CA), PUWER, DSEAR, ATEX and LEV standards
Newly Weds Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer