This job has expired

IT Technician

Employer
Roper Rhodes
Location
UK
Salary
Competitive
Closing date
15 Sep 2021

View more

Sector
Technology & New Media
Contract Type
Permanent
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.
Roper Rhodes are a supplier of bathroom products with an excellent reputation. Our turnover currently runs at around £70m and continues to grow. We are leaders in the bathroom furniture market and have a share of around 6% of the total UK bathroom market.

We have around 200 employees based across our Bath office / Bristol warehouse.

Our customers include major national retailers, national / regional builder's merchants and a nationwide network of independent bathroom retailers.

Our products are manufactured to our own in-house designs and specifications from sources all over the world.

We have a portfolio of three in-house brands as follows,

· Roper Rhodes - roperrhodes.co.uk

· Tavistock - tavistock-bathrooms.co.uk

· R2 - r2bathrooms.co.uk

In addition to this we also produce bathroom products for a number of retailers under their own label programmes.

We are looking for an IT Technician to be based at our Head office in Bath.

This role will provide IT support desk assistance to Bath Office (approximately 60% of role) and will develop and progress IT Projects as allocated by the IT Manager the remaining 40% of time.

This is a great opportunity to Participate in the implementation of new solutions and the development of existing systems to support the IT Manager.

The IT support desk assistance will involve all aspects of hardware and software support and maintenance including:

  • Setting up, repairs to, and maintenance of IT hardware including asset tagging.
  • Active participation with future SAP, Chess and other IT developments.
  • Maintenance and monitoring of IT infrastructure.
  • Performing and recording daily server checks and tasks.
  • Logging of all calls on the IT Support ticketing system.
  • Providing remote support for Field Based staff.
  • Management of remote system access including permissions.
  • Writing and amending reports from our SAP ECC6 system.
  • Managing office and mobile phones.
  • MS Office support.
  • Maintaining the Bath Head Office Server Room.
  • Providing out-of-hours on-call support on a rota basis.


The ideal applicant will have experience:
  • Coordinating and organising projects.
  • Managing Virtual Environments.
  • VMWare intermediate administration.
  • Industry recognised Network Administrator qualification.
  • Industry recognised Network Security qualification.


The salary is £34,000 PA plus a bonus paid in July and December (this year the total bonus payment was £4,200), £150 per week on call payment (on call rota is 1 week in 3), Company pension scheme, life assurance x4 salary and a whole host of other benefits. Our offices in Bath offer a stylish working environment and plenty of free parking.

If you are interested, please email your CV to katies@roperrhodes.co.uk.
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert