We're looking for an ambitious Executive Assistant
to support the CEO of Funky Pigeon. This isn't your typical EA role. It's less about diary management, travel plans and expenses. Much more about sharing our CEO's vision and using your business savvy, meticulous planning skills and aptitude with numbers to make it happen. This is a huge learning opportunity and a chance to touch every part of the business as Funky Pigeon rapidly expands. A perfect role if you are a recent graduate and thrive on creative problem solving and being part of an ever-changing, exciting ecommerce environment. About us
Now a household name for personalised cards and gifts, it's a hugely exciting time for Funky Pigeon. Turnover has rocketed and we're building our tech and digital capability to take business to the next level. It's a cool, fun brand and you'll be exposed to a fast-paced creative environment surrounded by smart passionate people with a 'one team' approach. Why join us?
In terms of what you want to achieve, and what you could be, you've only just begun. We're selling something different here. It's more than a career. It's the collaboration, innovation and ambition you expect from the backing of a successful business like WHSmith with the energy, agility, and curiosity of a start-up like culture of Funky Pigeon. There are 'no limits' to what you can achieve. It's perfect for people who are happy to use their initiative and embrace life outside their comfort zone. If you enjoy pace, can think on your feet, are digitally minded and prepared to work hard then anything is possible here.What you'll be doing
What you'll have
- Investigate business issues and help solve business and customer problems
- Project management - actively drive the the CEO's most critical projects and strategic initiatives, take the lead on projects where appropriate and facilitate seamless collaboration
- Conduct business performance analysis for CEO
- Highly involved with market research to inform the CEO and provide insightful updates on industry developments relevant to Funky Pigeon
- Assist in creating compelling and creative presentations
- Create processes and systems to improve the CEO's organisation and effectiveness
- Building a strong understanding of business priorities to instinctively understand where the CEO's time is best spent
- Act as an office manager for Funky Pigeon office in Bristol
What you'll need to show
- An interest in e-commerce is essential
- Problem solver, self-starter, loves investigating and finding root causes of the problems to find various ways to solve them
- Head for figures - perhaps from a financial background or e-commerce
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. You know how to influence using words.
- Smart, creative, and highly adaptable
- Naturally curious and open to trying new things.
- Tech savvy - Confident MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint user
- Meticulous attention to detail and uncompromisingly high standards
- Interested in productivity, optimising efficiencies, and learning
- Ambitious and commercially minded
What you'll get in return for your experience
- Customer focus - Keep customer at the heart of all you do
- Drive for results - Tenacity for ambitious and competitive results delivered with pace
- Value our people - Respect and value our people in an honest, open environment
- Accountability - Personal responsibility for actions and deliver what you say you will
Being part of Funkypigeon.com means you will work with talented, passionate individuals and cutting edge UX technology. You will have the opportunity to influence company performance through your actions. You will receive 25 days holiday (your birthday off for free), performance related bonus and discounts through the company.